Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 75 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Hi Andy, I'm enjoying seeing all your ideas! Please keep em coming. I havn't got any time to do much at the moment but these racks need sorting so ideas are great! I think commit and drill holes, that's what aill be doing!

8 hours ago, Paul Coleman said:

Thank you for the offer but I'm going to have to decline. I can imagine the comments as I drove down the High Street!

It won't make you James Bond you know because he's NOT REAL!! hahaha

Now Rogers out of the way, who knows! If I saw you with skis I would say , "Nice skis Mate!". ?????

9 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Hi Andy, I'm enjoying seeing all your ideas! Please keep em coming. I havn't got any time to do much at the moment but these racks need sorting so ideas are great! I think commit and drill holes, that's what aill be doing!

Now Rogers out of the way, who knows! If I saw you with skis I would say , "Nice skis Mate!". ?????

Yeah but most would say "Look at that **** with skis on his car" hahaha

What about this to go with... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roger-Moore-Latex-Mask-Persuaders-Saint-Halloween-Fancy-Dress-Let-Die-Bond-/122653305963?hash=item1c8eb4ec6b:g:nHwAAOSw5fFZlagl

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

A ski rack update for you.

Matt's moulds arrived the other day - thanks Matt.  I'll be taking measurements off these and seeing if there is a halfway point between those sizes and the ones I made by eye.

Next Thursday i'm in the firm making some prototypes.  I'll raise the topic of "if we kept these CAD drawings and machine codes on file, they could be made to order, right..." and see how it goes.

now, how many of you want some and who's got a tailgate I can have?

Looks absolutely bloody fantastic Fabian!!:huh:B-)

One thing and I deliberated whether to say but finally thought it best to.......you are remembering the back wheelarch to sill is painted different from the front? I thought you had only shown pictures of the front but now looking again think the third arch pic is the rear......? Sorry to appear picky......but I know the lengths you're going to, to get it right.....

IMG_4548.JPG

• Like 1

Though I hate to perpetuate this ski rack thing (not a fan, even though a big skier and Bond aficionado). But I saw this earlier and thought of you @Lotusfab...

Von Bond

BTW I know Rick Sylvester, the stunt man who took the jump off Mount Asgard in The Spy Who Loved Me pre-title sequence.

Good choice with the 'Raptor' paint. It looks great on my S1 and is tough as nails. Painting the inside will help with any resonation and finish too.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Neil's completed the car bar final polish! Now a Raptor coat engine bay and wheel arches.IMG_6287.thumb.JPG.00edecde81cb3046d4cd55edbd4159d9.JPGIMG_6288.thumb.JPG.86295c8190dbb84e4ba6d35a1e467bcc.JPGIMG_6290.thumb.JPG.e26028394413717b2d5483d6a3103f4b.JPGIMG_0275.thumb.JPG.26cadd110bda9c6364640348b9048195.JPGIMG_0273.thumb.JPG.d179d20a3ade575906b104aa08f61fba.JPGIMG_6305.thumb.JPG.4b72456a4d4b22289038b2f5a60fccff.JPGIMG_6308.thumb.JPG.4f07ce7b5b6c627a61e336c899439ed9.JPGIMG_6303.thumb.JPG.9fb588eedc00bed316e9d53735dda16a.JPGIMG_6300.thumb.JPG.646d82a41f60ca18ec120d453b0f5691.JPG

The paint needs colour sanding before it's polished. Look at the reflections of those lights on the bonnet that's orange peel - they should be dead straight if the paint's flat. I'm sure they plan on doing this but you normally leave the paint to harden for a week or so beforehand.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

12 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Looks absolutely bloody fantastic Fabian!!:huh:B-)

One thing and I deliberated whether to say but finally thought it best to.......you are remembering the back wheelarch to sill is painted different from the front? I thought you had only shown pictures of the front but now looking again think the third arch pic is the rear......? Sorry to appear picky......but I know the lengths you're going to, to get it right.....

IMG_4548.JPG

Thanks Steve. The rear spoiler isn't on yet so they should be the same when it is.

1 hour ago, Paul Coleman said:

The paint needs colour sanding before it's polished. Look at the reflections of those lights on the bonnet that's orange peel - they should be dead straight if the paint's flat. I'm sure they plan on doing this but you normally leave the paint to harden for a week or so beforehand.

Hi Paul, these pictures aren't the finished product. When the clear coat Is  polished it will be perfect.

So is the 3rd arch photo the front then Fabian? It’s kind of tricky for me to tell without being able to look at miners compare. Sorry if I got it wrong in my first post......I should have known you’d be all over it and it would be spot onB-)

Hi Steve, yep that's the front of the rear arch, you can just make out the engine airflow channel from the sill in the background. The rear of the rear arch has the spoiler and when fitted it will be the same as yours.

Here's the rear.IMG_6304.thumb.JPG.12acec3beb038ef8ca322ee3932dfbfb.JPGso when spoiler is on should match yours.

IMG_6306.thumb.JPG.c83600500d1039bea613f25f447d9efa.JPGIMG_2821.JPG.91923910f659ccca51fe7bf82e692ff6.JPGHere's my front and yours, Neil is offering up the lower spoiler and spraying Raptor to match as we speak. Can't recommend him highly enough. Must be the first port of call for anyone doing this! 

Thanks for all the comments much appreciated,  it's nice to know I won't be aloud to mess this up! 

• Haha 1

I really like this Raptor coat. They use it in the engine bay of Aston Martins, about time the Turbo reached these levels of high esteem!

Now it's in my engine bay!

• Like 1

I see now - feel like a tit mentioning it, but just wanted to be sure it was going to be as Lotus had done it knowing that's ow youwant it.......and to make sure at this point, not when it's back in your garage. Feeling relieved now!:blush:

22 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

I really like this Raptor coat. They use it in the engine bay of Aston Martins, about time the Turbo reached these levels of high esteem!

Now it's in my engine bay!

Is certainly a clearer edge finish than Lotus managed:lol:B-)

• Like 1

Not at all, thanks for the input. Without your pics I would have got it wrong anyway! It's not that critical but it's nice to have it factory correct. Now I got the body correct and the dry sump suspension just need to get the ski racks done and the wheels out together, with the new hubs. Still Havnt had time to pick them up! 

Notice how the paint is much less Metallic looking in bright light than the modern A19. The light reflections mimic the Bond car pictures I have seen. I'm very pleased with the colour match. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 08:34, Paul Coleman said:

Hi Paul,

Neils in the process of polishing the body and there's a few bits in the picture which he's not happy with and is working on them, so you have a good eye! I look forward to posting the polished photos for your scrutiny! One things is for certain  when it's all done this will be a very very good Bond car, with Skis! I could look for Olins for you, incase you change your mind after seeing mine?

• Thanks 1