Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora vs exige 350 sport comfort - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora vs exige 350 sport comfort

Stuno1

Out of interest how much of he lovely ride quality and GT experience of the Evora is present in the exige? Clearly it's meant to be and is a more brutal car but it looks like an interesting proposition for a potential next car if it can be driven for a number of hours with no issues regarding comfort. 

Massively attractive car in many ways. 

Stu

I had a V6 Roadster before the Evora. The Exige is pretty good for that type of car (hard core sports/track car), but it isn't in the Evora league when it comes to refinement, comfort or ride quality. The Exige doesn't really do "GT", but it is the second most exciting car I've driven (after my 2-eleven).

I prefer my Evora because it suits my use better - 99.9% road.

Did driving hols in Swiss Alps in Exige v6 no probs, but Evora feels like a limo in terms of ride quality.  

Both great cars

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

if using the car just on weekends and wanting ultra feedback, some track days etc then the Exige.  If more a road car and want something a bit more civilised then an Evora. 

It put it this way, the missus is happy as passenger in Evora, but refused to go in Exige.  Pros and cons there ;) 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

200 miles to a tank was a good day for me in the Elise S, it was easy to get a lot less and part of the reason I upgraded it to a 54L tank.

I had imagined the Evora would happily manage at least 200 miles to a tank, but as the dash is showing 11mpg from a week of commuting through town to work :( thats looking a little unlikely...

The Evora cabin is a lovely place to be (low wind and road noise, comfort, reclinable seat!), the Elise cabin (identical to the Exige really) is great too, even on 4+ hour journeys, the seats really are fantastic and I never had any back or butt pain from them in 25k miles, it's just the cabin noise that'll make you tired in the Exige.

Edited by trcm

Laura and I drove 1,000 miles in 48 hours in the Roadster when we took it from Hethel to Edinburgh for the Murrays open day a couple of years back. The 200 mile range (well, 120 on the first tank :D) was a relief as it meant I could get out and stretch my legs. Apart from the shockingly poor headlamp which at one point on the way back in rain forced us to stop due to a lack of visibility, it wasn't a chore :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The Exige S isn't too uncomfortable in terms of ride - I think it'd be the cabin noise that would get to you after some time. But the ride I find to be firm, yet comfortable. I've never driven a pre-V6 Exige - I've heard those are like driving a car with steel rods instead of dampers. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

19 hours ago, B430m said:

Small fuel tank in the Exige, so will need to refuel more often on long trips.

60 litre alloy tank from Pro Alloy - used in some of the race prepared Exige V6s. Straight swap therefore also fits any s2 Exige/Elise.

11 hours ago, trcm said:

200 miles to a tank was a good day for me in the Elise S, it was easy to get a lot less and part of the reason I upgraded it to a 54L tank.

I had imagined the Evora would happily manage at least 200 miles to a tank, but as the dash is showing 11mpg from a week of commuting through town to work :( thats looking a little unlikely...

The Evora cabin is a lovely place to be (low wind and road noise, comfort, reclinable seat!), the Elise cabin (identical to the Exige really) is great too, even on 4+ hour journeys, the seats really are fantastic and I never had any back or butt pain from them in 25k miles, it's just the cabin noise that'll make you tired in the Exige.

11mpg ! Do you drive everywhere in 1st ??

On a French autoroute trip recently using cruise control at just over 130kmh (80mph) I got 29mpg. I consider that completely acceptable !

@gregs24 the key difference being "week of commuting through town" vs "steady 80mph on an autoroute".

The day I can set my cruise control to 80mph on my drive across London I'll be a happy man!

Edited by trcm

On 10/5/2016 at 21:02, Stuno1 said:

Pretty much what I though without having driven one. Cheers chaps. 

Drop me a line if you want to have a go/passenger. 

• Like 1

On 5 October 2016 at 23:04, B430m said:

Small fuel tank in the Exige, so will need to refuel more often on long trips.

When the roadster was first registered and before we collected from SMC we had LMS install the Pro Alloy 54ltr tank, no issues driving from North Notts to Helensburgh and return after the weekend when running the car in, back in 2014, though when doing the work run 5 days a week circa 100miles a day it's the Evora's turn to shine.

both are excellent cars in their own way, and yes we are very fortunate to own possibly two of the best cars Lotus/MJK & RB have produced at the same time!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I drove my Exige Roadster on about 9,000 miles in one year, on various roads, and I can say it is quite comfy and is able to do long distance trips (from Paris to Toulon in one day is not too tiring) ... The main point is that the gearbox is tall enough to stay at 2,300 rpm at 130km/h (GPS), which is a big improvement over Elise when cruising on highways (can't be avoided sometimes), and the full carpeted interior on mine reduces noises as well. seats are surprisingly comfortable, and tank is small enough to remind you that you've to stretch yourself :blush: ... whatever is the road type, I do about 400kms with a full tank before the light comes on, so it's about 25 to 28 MPG, which is not bad to me.

Evora is still in another  league regarding comfort, but it can't beat the Exige wildness ... I was last Week-end in Auvergne, on its twisted roads with almost no traffic, and we had a great time :P !

• Like 1