Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone know what this black tube is!? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone know what this black tube is!?

Ian Lockwood

Just changed my wheels for Donington tomorrow and noticed a black rubber tube coming from the front of the car on the driver side and dangling unconnected over the wishbone, as per pics attached.

Anyone know what it is or if I should be concerned about it!?

20161021_180413.jpg

20161021_180313.jpg

20161021_180345.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jeff & Ian never seen either of you in Derby, only been working there the last 29 months!

are we likely to see you at EMEG meets in the future?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I think you'll find that that small rubber pipe is actually the Windscreen Washer reservoir breather hose.  

The "bottom" end is attached to the upper surface of the washer tank (tank located underneath the heater box) - and the breather hose should be routed along the outside of the main large-bore filler pipe.  The "top" end of the breather should be "open vented" and cable-tied to the filler hose next to the fill point.

That hose should not be where it is shown in your photo's!

Edited by LotusPilot
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 13:16, LotusPilot said:

I think you'll find that that small rubber pipe is actually the Windscreen Washer reservoir breather hose.  

The "bottom" end is attached to the upper surface of the washer tank (tank located underneath the heater box) - and the breather hose should be routed along the outside of the main large-bore filler pipe.  The "top" end of the breather should be "open vented" and cable-tied to the filler hose next to the fill point.

That hose should not be where it is shown in your photo's!

Thanks matey, I will take a look at that!

It's easy to confirm.  Given the location of your mystery pipe (very low) if you fill your washer right to the brim, you should find that water will readily drain-out from the breather hose - and the level will drop from the filler.

When correctly located, it won't drain.  If located correctly, the open-vent will be located at the same height as the filler.

PS: Your second photo showns a small section of the corrugated filler hose that connects between the "fixed" washer filler-neck to the washer reservoir.  The beather hose should be "lightly" strapped to the main filler hose - any cable ties should be sufficiently loose to ensure that the breather hose isn't crimped.

Edited by LotusPilot