Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Geely? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Geely?

Lets hope so. That would be a great pairing and Geely have already shown their approach to letting brands play to their strengths. Volvo is just outstanding today. 

Bring back some of the top talent from McLaren, new leadership at the top with some real vision and booom, Lotus reborn. Of course JMG's SUV would play out well in this scenario with the new XC40 chassis and tuned version of the 4-cylinder engine.

I like the sound of this given what they have done with London Taxi co and Volvo. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hell to the yes! This would be a breath of fresh air! 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

No idea, but time is running out for the current engines from an emissions standpoint.  Volvo's 4-cylinder and hybrid technology is vastly superior to anybody else I'd argue. The flexibility of that engine is incredible. Beats the rubbish JLR have built with Ingenium.  You'd have a 99gm Co2 Elise with 250 BHP fairly easy and >60MPG. Then multi-stage electric turbos for the Evora with batteries and likely only a little more weight.

This deal is genius. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

There are loads of Geely's in Kazakhstan, one model looks like it's a copy of a Bentley, but man does it creek and groan going over the slightest of bumps and humps.

When we think about Geely's, I'd rather think about Volvo tech: the T6 engine of the XC90 and S90 in a car like an Elise... a reliable supercharged and turbocharged with nearly 400bhp mated to a reliable Aisin gearbox, in an Elise Cup 400...  If Lotus can move forward with the SUV the T8 engine with the hybrid tech would work just fine.   And then there's Volvo cabin tech... Not even going to full Volvo Cabin tech, Geely's newest offshoot Lynks and Co looks to have very decent cabin tech and sits on the Volvo-Geely SPA platform. Geely is one of the biggest Chinese automaker one that will easily survive the next consolidation phase, they have a full array of suppliers who are tier one or upper tier two, and they have all the engineering might Lotus could want... Really not  a bad option.

Ok I'd still like Toyota better but Geely is totally acceptable in my book. And Lotus has helped Geely a bit on the new London taxi I seem to recall, so Geely is pretty well aware of what Lotus can do.

• Like 2