Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sexiest rear end in the world? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sexiest rear end in the world?

BC007

Mark, thanks for reminding me about the film The Cannonball run. The opening sequence is classic. That's when the Countach first hit me between the eyes. Wasn't that the LP400 model without the flared arches?

It was the LP400S, with the wings and wheels arches. It also had a wing above the front bumper. Still, it looked super cool and wasted the Smokeys in their Trans Am.

Cannonball Lambo

1121112b.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like the intro to the Cannonball Run, with that black Countach, that engine noise and thoses 2 girls :coffee:. The rest of the film was mostly crap though.

cannonball3.jpg

:animier: ABSOLUTE SECOND ON THE CANNONBALL FLIC ! I just like those stretch-body-suits. :animier:

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

That black Lambo is the actual reason that the real Cannonball stopped running. I read the book Cannonball: by Brock Yates...great stories...

The original owner of that car was not a race car driver and he told Yates that he wanted to run in the Cannonball, once Yates saw that car he decided a car like that in inexperienced hand was a deathtrap and was not what the cannonball stood for. He did however want that car in the movie.

FYI- there is a 3rd cannonball run: Speed Zone that has another excellent opening scence with a Red Lambo. The driver is actually Bo Duke from the dukes of hazzard.

Take care

Jason

the original LP400S didn't have all the wings n stuff although may have had the extdnded arches. In terms of handling sth went askew between #1 car and the final delivery models. I think there may have been some cost cutting.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• 1 month later...

The guy I bought my Lotus from is a serious Lambo guy. He took the Lotus in on trade for a Countach. I am really considering buying one. He says he can get me one for a song. He had 2 diablos in his garage with the Lotus when I arrived. Must say they are very impressive. If I can get one for less than 70k, I'm in. These cars have exotic problems, hard to drive, poor ventilation, fire, poor visability....but like Enzo said at 180 all your problems are in front of you. I sold a boat, a jet ski and two bikes last year just to get the old lady off my back, I think a lambo could be a hard sell.

But what the hell, I not like I have a super duty T/A like WayneB. :X

The guy I bought my first Esprit from had one of these.....he started it up in an aircraft hangar and gave it some beans, thought my head was going to explode! Shame I couldn't fit in it, I was very tempted!

Met a chap at a run a few years back (esprit v8-gt like mine) who had previously had one of the last uk countachs - silver anniversary with all the scoops etc. He told me compared to the esprit it was a nightmare - every time he drove it, it felt like it was trying to spit him off the road.. until it actually did! Crashed upside down in a car with scissor doors is no fun. Apparently he had to kick out the windscreen to get out.. :X

Still would love one though.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I could follow that all day

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy