Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 52 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

KT is working on it, I thought they would get spare parts on Friday. So conversion will be next week. Still not clear why we lost so much power. Because this was not some hp but a whole lot. 

A lesson here for everyone not to jump to conclusions I think.

No doubt some quarters of the internet are already cancelling Lotus orders out of protest against 'warranty-gate'!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

No doubt some quarters of the internet are already cancelling Lotus orders out of protest against 'warranty-gate'!

That's perhaps a bit premature, but failure of a rather expensive component of a brand new car is hardly any exciting news for any soon-to-be customer. No matter with Ti exhaust or without. :innocent:

Was the plan to to retain the titanium exhaust as part of the upgrade? Or do some parts of the titanium need to be changed as part of the upgrade?

Edited by rs200evo

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

That's perhaps a bit premature, but failure of a rather expensive component of a brand new car is hardly any exciting news for any soon-to-be customer. No matter with Ti exhaust or without. :innocent:

Several Lamborghini's and Ferrari's when still very new have been known to self destruct in fireballs.  You won't find that on the owners forums.

Porsche's are known to have several serious engine problems that results in them eating their engines. You won't find that on the owners forums.

Lotus has one reported issue with one titanium exhaust. So on the owners forum we hear this will put off future owners.  

Go figure where the real problem lies with Lotus's reputation.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

45 minutes ago, rs200evo said:

Was the plan to to retain the titanium exhaust as part of the upgrade? Or do some parts of the titanium need to be changed as part of the upgrade?

All KT upgrade kits, fit with any silencer (whether it then makes the power or not, is a different question, based on our experience!).  Although it does sound like there are some interesting differences on the 380.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Several Lamborghini's and Ferrari's when still very new have been known to self destruct in fireballs.  You won't find that on the owners forums.

Porsche's are known to have several serious engine problems that results in them eating their engines. You won't find that on the owners forums.

Lotus has one reported issue with one titanium exhaust. So on the owners forum we hear this will put off future owners.  

Go figure where the real problem lies with Lotus's reputation.

I haven't really tried...but...

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f4/countach-catches-fire-187274/#/topics/187274

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/why-do-lambo-catch-fire-so-often-19943/#/topics/19943

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=90854

And i really didn't try, I googled for a couple of mins. Of course other brand owners complain publicly.

I've said it before on here but there is almost a cult like protection of our brand as if you just can't openly discuss issues. Our cars have problems and blindly saying they do not or trying to belittle problems doesn't forward any issue on.

Edited by cbaileyuk
Tu
  • Like 2

Our cars have problems yes. But this is ONE car with ONE exhaust. maybe, just maybe, if it is a trend or a repeating failure, then yes, it will put people off.

I have no problem openly discussing issues with Lotus cars on here. In fact, using your search skills you will find at least a hundred posts of me taking the piss out of Evora 400 owners who have lardy big fat arses that make their seats squeak.  THAT, is a repeatable, and an avoidable problem that does no good whatsoever to Lotus's reputation and should have been nipped in the bud in a few weeks, or during product testing. not months after. Let's see what happens with other Tit exhausts before we assume TADTS.  fair?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Isn't the real issue @cbaileyuk that there will never be enough negativity for you on here? Issues are openly discussed daily. Plenty of criticism from everyone here if that's what floats your boat. I don't even need to bother posting links, it's all here for everyone to see in this thread alone.

I'm starting to get the impression it's the praise that you're not comfortable with.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cbaileyuk said:

I've said it before on here but there is almost a cult like protection of our brand as if you just can't openly discuss issues. Our cars have problems and blindly saying they do not or trying to belittle problems doesn't forward any issue on.

Agree. It does appear you can't actually say anything and when you do you get pointed out as an individual! 

The last few weeks in particular the situation seems to have gotten worse and is becoming a turn of to be honest.

I also agree that sometimes we can all be guilty on jumping on assumptions but equally guilty of false perceptions of people, brands, or context of a conversation.

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

49 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Isn't the real issue @cbaileyuk that there will never be enough negativity for you on here? Issues are openly discussed daily. Plenty of criticism from everyone here if that's what floats your boat. I don't even need to bother posting links, it's all here for everyone to see in this thread alone.

I'm starting to get the impression it's the praise that you're not comfortable with.

Absolutely quite the opposite and your comment typifies the issue.

12 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Agree. It does appear you can't actually say anything and when you do you get pointed out as an individual! 

The last few weeks in particular the situation seems to have gotten worse and is becoming a turn of to be honest.

I also agree that sometimes we can all be guilty on jumping on assumptions but equally guilty of false perceptions of people, brands, or context of a conversation.

Exactly my opinion too. I do like your posts though, really informative and well written.

Edited by cbaileyuk
T
  • Like 1

Seriously, have you read this thread? The whole thing is one big open discussion on issues relating to the 380. None of this would make comfortable reading for Lotus or anyone who's just bought a 380. I'm quite sure it has put a number of people off buying a 380 including me. What more would you like to see?

42 minutes ago, alias23 said:

You're a very well respected forum member here Imran, I don't read every post but I have no idea what you're referring to. Can we maybe take this to private mail? I can't see the relevance to the Sport 380.

Of course, if you'd rather start up a new thread discussing whatever it is you think has been going on recently then you are at complete liberty to do so. I'd prefer that we got back to discussing the 380 and some of the important issues raised.

Sorry to hear your car will be off the road but pleased that Lotus are taking your power loss issues seriously.

I found it strange to read your posts re power loss but hopefully this means your car was atypical  which would go some way to explain your initial disappointment.

Best of luck with a speedy fix.

The small print.

1 hour ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Good news/bad news

@Jokke Vlo   

So sorry to hear about your car, however very pleased that all of your thoughts and opinions expressed over the cars performance have been vindicated and proved correct in the face of sustained disbelief. With another thread, "350 Sport Engine Issues" on this forum bringing up similar issues, this could (I hope it does not) well open a pandora's box. There is no way Lotus are oblivious to all the comments re performance with social media as it is now.

Given your experiences first thing I will do after running my car in is get a 4 wheel dyno done, and before anyone flames me for saying that, I have/had lots of the other "common" Exige problems with this car and my previous (also bought brand new) V6S.

Anyway, good luck with a speedy return to the road and keep us posted.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Mark, don't know why you would be flamed and don't think Jokke was flamed either. Plenty of people commented that it seemed strange and just wanted proof - not "butt feel".  Jokke with KT have defacto proved there is a problem and Lotus appear to have stepped up, rather than try to defend it or hide from it..

Some of the "flaming" was, in my very humble opinion,  as a result of some posters inflamitive comments, flagrant jabbing, or borderline trolling.  I have not seen a single instance on here where a confirmed issue has been met with flaming. I have seen many instances where people have defended the brand and ASKED for proof, that sometimes, I agree, can take a while to come.

Anyway, each to their own and I hope your Dyno result is a positive one.

The small print.

@C8RKH Agree with your points over "trolling". And in no way is that my intention, ever.

I've had many Lotii and hopefully will always have one, great cars. Jokke proved to himself with track data, testing and other methods that his car didn't appear as good as it should have. My point was that, in some circles, he was not believed. I await with interest the solution, lets hope its something simple and not a "bug".

As regards after sales service from Lotus, I can say Lotus did a splendid job on my V6S with the clutch/flywheel issues (replaced aftera few hundred miles) no no further issues at all in my ownership. As far as I know the other bits for my 380 are on order as they have been approved to be replaced (seat runners, wind screen). Plus the customer  service I have received with both sales/after sales from Oakmere over many years is absolutely first class, best gargae I have ever dealt with, bar none, just a great all round team they have, from the lady on reception to the sales manager. My Audi on the other hand.....

I think at the end of the day we are all passionate owners, if sometimes not a little frustrated by all the niggles, for me it is something I'm prepared to accept, but that does not mean I have to be happy about it.

As for the dyno test, just for my piece of mind really.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Good news/bad news 

Bad: seems I will not be able to drive my var the next weeks

Good: the power output is a warranty case and Lotus cooperate and take their responsibility. 

ps: the dyno at KT is really a good one. Everybody can tell you...... official VLN dyno. No lies or mis measurement there. 

How do lotus check into and fix the issue if your are having the ex460 kit fitted? Or is the upgrade on hold?

6 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Good news/bad news 

Bad: seems I will not be able to drive my var the next weeks

Hey Jokke,

since you are one of the most experienced track/racing active users here, would you mind to share a few info on how you tuned your 380?

I am particularly interested to know you suggestions for:
- Front/rear camber and toe, thinking about 60 % track use %40 road use
- Compression and rebound setting you use for track on different circuits (flat circuit, e.g., Hockenheim, fast corners up-down circuit, e.g., SPA, and very bumpy circuit, e.g., Nordschelife)
- Sway bar settings (if you changed from the standard)

I am still waiting for my car and I want to be ready as soon as it arrives.. Many thanks!

Edited by Cristiano