Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Do we genuinely believe the rear wing would create a decent level of downforce? 

Reason I ask being as its attached to the rear engine cover vs seeming to have any boot support to handle any downforce. If it does provide downforce and has no internal boot supports it does provide an alternative option to the default clam mounted versions available...

www.alias23.com

Much better video. Why wasn't that a teaser?

If that had just appeared out of the blue on social media last week with some text saying "Sport 380. Faster, lighter, better... Get ready!" or something to that effect, I'd have been like a dad waiting for his first child to be born. And I'm sure I wouldn't have been alone.

Instead we get poor photography of a car that looks a complete dogs dinner next to what it could have looked like. Proven by Jonny's and Jokke's mockups. 

It's the little things Lotus. People notice!

*goes off to grumble about fake carbon...

Sounds great. But I think my fears are confirmed, that's goong to be too loud for pretty much everywhere, perhaps a noisy day at donnington would be ok....

so as a sport 350 owner (12000 kms later), this new release seems good but not a "game changing".

v6s, sport 350, bla bla edition, 360, 380... these cars are awesome, got one and have fun :P

• Like 2

Silverstone should be OK and Brands still do noisy days but Jokke will be banned for life from Zandvoort!

• Like 1

I've had it confirmed that this is the titanium exhaust. Sounds particularly good at 0.11!

15 hours ago, SFO said:

YouTube link 

Much better but still not a great angle for the car. It makes it look shorter and taller than it is. I think the bargeboards also make it look thicker in the middle. They add volume to the sides.

Still hard to see the rear wing against a dark and busy background.

Funny how these things work but the eyeliner doesn't look so bad in that colour. I'm getting used to the single rear light treatment at the back. That's no longer a deal breaker I'm just not sure how to resolve the mixture of glossy carbon surfaces with matt black panels. Maybe a satin carbon finish would tie it all together?