Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Awesome NZ driving Roads (North Island) - New Zealand - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Awesome NZ driving Roads (North Island)

Instinct_NZ

Hi All,

As you all know, we love to drive our cars along some amazing twisty roads that we're blessed with here in NZ. I'm always coming across new roads and there is one I'll share as soon as I've finished editing the video.

So I thought I would start this thread to inform others of your favorite 'Amazing Driving Roads'. Perhaps you can post a video of the drive but better still include a link to a Google Map so we can all find and enjoy the road :devil:

To get things going, here a great road in West Auckland... You'll find on the way to Piha 'Lone Kauri Road' 

And here is the Google Map

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1brAskD7CVk5NMjnwszkFvXOADDE&usp=sharing 

• Like 1

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good idea to record these, Rich. 

This is one of the roads we traversed after the brunch with the Triumph TR register and Jaguar club on Sunday. It is just south of Warkworth. 

The video is of a short portion of the route, as it's not as much fun when following normal traffic:

And the corresponding Google Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TKVACtsayASIyDvdeUT1U3TBnhk&usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In mapping out a route for a car run next weekend, here is a preview of my favourite section - a 1.3km stretch of Ridge Road:

It is not a fast road. In fact, because it is so narrow, you have to be quite sedate, in case you meet other traffic (this happened in my video). But there are many tight corners to enjoy. 

And the corresponding Google map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2ULujVDi3lSstuMntJlsQK5_9w&usp=sharing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another great road... I haven't driven on this road for a while.. and it was the start of an impromptu  'Fish n Chip' run ending in Kaiaua.. and that is another great road and a video to follow!

Anyway... this one is 'Ponga Rd'. As per the previous video.. and well, most of these NZ roads... please be careful as the roads are narrow in places and the other motorists and road users may not have the agility of a Lotus to corner and stop quickly! 

Here is the video link:

And here is the map. (You can start at either end... both ways are great!).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10F7-xpGKSjJmztwqb38k4miuU6E&usp=sharing

• Like 2

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here

• 3 weeks later...

And here is another.. just a few KM's away from Ponga Rd listed above so why not extend  your fun on the road to include these too!

White Rd to Sky High Rd to Monument Rd.. most twisty goodness!

And here is the Google Map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ifU4YBhh-cUeECUeTz0NtQoWvdw&usp=sharing

Have Fun!

• Like 1

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here

• 10 months later...

It looks like I never posted this draft - oh well, just in time for Christmas... here is a preview of my favourite section - a 1.3km stretch of Ridge Road:

It is not a fast road. In fact, because it is so narrow, you have to be quite sedate, in case you meet other traffic (this happened in my video). But there are many tight corners to enjoy. 

And the corresponding Google map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2ULujVDi3lSstuMntJlsQK5_9w&usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Nice bit of road that :) Keeps you busy!
Went for a quick drive around Coatesville this morning for the hell of it... Esprit's not as nimble as the Elise but at a relaxed pace, very enjoyable. 

1263085164_ScreenShot2018-06-30at1_37_08PM.thumb.png.1c3638fe011d5fd67a575857e83af86d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@marktIt looks like you did the whole of Ridge Rd - definitely fun. And I didn't realise that Mill Flat Rd connects to Robinson Rd. We'll have to check that part out. It was a great day to get out there. 

I took some back roads to Orewa and popped up to Hatfields Beach, just for the photo op:

IMG_20180630_160240.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Mark, Good to see you have the Esprit on the road again. We have a run planned around West Auckland beaches in a couple of weeks. You should join in if you have the time?

Cheers
Rich

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here

• 2 months later...

Fun seeing these posts. I haven't tried a Go-Pro on the car yet but Ridge Rd, Twilight, Woodcocks, Lone Kauri - these many of my favourite roads too.

As we're just starting to get to know each other, I'm finding the Elise very capable on these 'B' roads although to be honest, I'm going to have to be careful with speed as its so easy to exceed not the grip but the view of hidden hazards round the bend!

If you're looking for a driving buddy next time you're out for a drive I'll bring the SC and join you for a blat. F&C run to Kaiaua on a Sunday usually a good fun, or Coro loop. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Bruce

• Thanks 1

Welcome, Bruce! It sounds like you're having fun. We happened upon Twilight Rd during an outing on Sunday. Such roads always bring a grin.

You'll receive emails from Club Lotus NZ about upcoming events - we tend to favour those that include twisty roads! 

David