Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from Staffordshire ?? - Page 2 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Staffordshire ??

Taylor

Thats really good to know. Are those meets updated in this forum?

To be honest I am very much up for track days. Happy to do them in my Evora.

I'd like to do Brands Hatch or Silverstone because I'm very familar of the track layouts. Big F1 fan ?

I'll search for that forum. Yes I'd suggest to put your meets on here because to be honest some people like me may only spend most of their time on one forum which for me in this case is this forum.

??? from what I've seen so far its great. I just checked MLOC though. Didn't realise the Midlands had its own club. Perhaps thats what the Midlands events section of this forum is quiet. They're all posting over there.

I like this forum as it has a dedicated section to different Lotus Models. Great for me as an Evora owner as I can navigate and see stuff about my model specifically.

Sounds like we have almost identical Evora's

I purchased mine approx a month ago from Bell & Colvill. S in white with carbon side sills and black wrap roof

Im just down the road in Lichfield

Steve

Yes its an S. I previously had a 211 and then an S2 Exige which were both Supercharged

That said I don't think there is much difference in performance between the Evora NA and S

Really enjoying the Evora the handling and ride is amazing - definitely the best Lotus I have ever owned

The car was already fitted with the black pack. I'm 99% sure its a wrap with the exception of the barge boards. The previous owner also upgraded the seats to Sports Racer spec and fitted a better touch screen unit

Nice. I'm having Lotus Silverstone do the black wrap for me. Other than upgraded head unit and stage 1 lotus sports exhaust (with blue tips) its completely standard. 19k miles on it now.

I was tempted by the barge boards and the bigger rear diffuser by SA motorsports. Do you find the barge boards a paint to get in and out or not?

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Thats awesome. I thought there was much better performance in the 'S'. I think your just trying to make me feel better ?.

Your black pack on the car, is that painted or wrap?

On the road, if the NA has the CR gearbox there's not much in it at all. On the track at 3 figure speeds the S is more urgent but then the heat builds up faster too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

43 minutes ago, Redvx said:

The car was already fitted with the black pack. I'm 99% sure its a wrap with the exception of the barge boards. The previous owner also upgraded the seats to Sports Racer spec and fitted a better touch screen unit

If you ever fancy a coffee sometime give me a shout being as your local. I'd like to have a look at the barge boards on yours. Was very close to buying a set!

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Oh really. Didn't realise that. I thought the S was like 70bhp more.

Mine has close ratio gearbox.

Yes. Approx 70bhp by the specs but a lot of the S cars are not pumping that out and a fair bit of extra weight too. 30bhp more in the NA gives a similar power to weight than the S.

According to specs S is 0.4 faster max than NA to 60. As I said, the track is where you would really notice it.

Having said that I've heard of a pro race driver who has the NA rather than the S as he says it is better balanced on track.

Either way, regardless which one you go for, they are superb cars and a performance bargain.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great response I understand. I love mine so far, power is enough for roads. I love the sound too. Balance is awesome. All round fab car. Makes it even more enjoyable as its not my daily drive so it feels like an occasion to drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Sounds a lot like @internets Evora? Chris? :blink:

Yes, Steve now owns my lovely Evora...I have something a little smaller now ;) 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250