Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BC Forged RS-31 Wheels : Christmas came early! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BC Forged RS-31 Wheels : Christmas came early!

15 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Nice! Are they exactly the same width and offset as the factory wheels?

Thanks guys! Can't wait to put them on as well :devil:

The offset are the same as OEM, but the fronts are 17 x 8" while the rears are 18 x 10" - 0.5 inches wider than stock. I might just run slightly wider tyres in the future (on track), hence the extra width.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah, I've been thinking of getting set of BC RS-31 wheels for my Evora. If you get a chance, would you mind telling us the weight of each wheel? Thanks. 

I didn't manage to get the front wheel weights, but the rears are about 9.3Kg each, which is roughly 2.3Kg lighter than stock (even with the extra half an inch width). Hope that helps!

Glad to see BC Racing are getting much deserved exposure as a viable alternative to LMS/Rimstock.

Ignoring the three and two piece wheels they make which are more show wheels, the mono forged collection is good, strong, and light weight.

I like the idea of increasing the width so look forward to hearing the feedback.

In terms of UK pricing these rims are a lot cheaper than the LMS. If anyone's interested I can share the contact for UK distribution.

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

In terms of UK pricing these rims are a lot cheaper than the LMS. If anyone's interested I can share the contact for UK distribution.

yes please for me too Imran, These do look good and I too like the idea of slightly wider and lighter than stock.

That's just fine

Very interesting question for me ... I think the 265 rear width is ok ... but imho running a wider tire on the front wheels could help a lot with the balance of the car ...

Dont want to open up the Cayman GT4 discussion again, but they are running 245  in the front ... 225 on the Exige for me could already be a big progress ... and will certainly increase front grip ... 

The rim will be fine with 215 and 225 I agree, but is there enough clearance on the clam?

Avon ZZR are available in 215/40R17 and 225/45R17

We know the 215 fits, but would the 225 given the 45 higher sidewall?

Wow, there's a lot of replies to this thread! Thanks for the kind words :)

@550superfast Yes, as mentioned by Arun, I'll be running 215/45/17 (F) & 265/35/18 (R) Hankook RS-3.

@NW76 Exactly. Having the option to put on wider front tyres in the near future is definitely useful.

Just a note : I am well aware that I am able to use 215/225 tyres on the stock front wheel. However, I've chosen to get the fronts in 8" as I think it could possibly fit 235/40/17s in the front, which may be viable in the future if I intend to max out the car for track, i.e. Quaife LSD, Nitrons/Ohlins etc. Based on tire fitment calculators, the overall diameter of the 235 is quite similar to the OEM fronts, so hopefully it works ok then. Furthermore, there is a Taiwanese man who races on the same wheels, but 9" fronts and 11" rears with his Exige V6 - I am not discounting the fact that I may have to modify the bodywork to fit much wider tyres. If that doesn't work out well, it still doesn't hurt to have a bit more poke from the wheels IMOB-)

Of course, anyone could just order the wheels in the exact OEM specs. The great thing about BC Forged is that they are completely customizable in terms of design, width, finish, PCD, offset etc. If you are hardcore enough, there's even the option for having your wheel with the single locking nut option ala GT3 RS. (I don't work for BC Forged, but they should pay me lol)

Hope that helps!

Edited by Ray32