Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BC Forged RS-31 Wheels : Christmas came early! - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BC Forged RS-31 Wheels : Christmas came early!

Nice buy, Ray!

Pretty much exact same specs as mine.

Weigh them if you can as a comparison to OEM - I didn't have a chance to weigh just the rims without tyres, but rim/tyre combo was certainly lighter all round...even with increased width (and 215 on front).

2 hours ago, sieger said:

Nice buy, Ray!

Pretty much exact same specs as mine.

Weigh them if you can as a comparison to OEM - I didn't have a chance to weigh just the rims without tyres, but rim/tyre combo was certainly lighter all round...even with increased width (and 215 on front).

Thanks! Glad to know of someone having the same wheels on :)  

My wheel guy said that the fronts were 7.5Kg each, so that's just a tad lighter than the OEM weight. It should be about another 0.3Kg lighter at OEM 7.5" width instead of 8" width. The rear is where the real weight savings are.

2 hours ago, Ray32 said:

Furthermore, there is a Taiwanese man who races on the same wheels, but 9" fronts and 11" rears with his Exige V6 - I am not discounting the fact that I may have to modify the bodywork to fit much wider tyres. If that doesn't work out well, it still doesn't hurt to have a bit more poke from the wheels IMOB-)

Thats Hank... His car just looks awesome with the RS-31's and what caught me on to BC wheels. He has confirmed to me his setup is Front 17x9J 5x110 ET25 with Rear 18x11J 5x114.3 ET30

I think this is my third time posting this car but it just looks great!
IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3575.JPG

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

That's awesome info, thanks! And his wheels inspired my purchase in the first place :)

He seems to be doing OK with more aggressive specs than mine as well... do you happen to know what tyre sizes is he running on his Exige?

Edited by Bibs

2 hours ago, Ray32 said:

He seems to be doing OK with more aggressive specs than mine as well... do you happen to know what tyre sizes is he running on his Exige?

Im afraid I don't know the tyre sizes, however the tyres don't look stretched so I assume they're quite beefy widths...

www.alias23.com

Loooooove those wheels, congratulations! I will most likely pick up a pair for myself for my track tires. In 3 months of ownership I've already tracked twice and thinking of the next one, so I'm itching for a set!

• 10 months later...
On 21/12/2016 at 12:04, Ray32 said:

Wow, there's a lot of replies to this thread! Thanks for the kind words :)

@550superfast Yes, as mentioned by Arun, I'll be running 215/45/17 (F) & 265/35/18 (R) Hankook RS-3.

@NW76 Exactly. Having the option to put on wider front tyres in the near future is definitely useful.

Just a note : I am well aware that I am able to use 215/225 tyres on the stock front wheel. However, I've chosen to get the fronts in 8" as I think it could possibly fit 235/40/17s in the front, which may be viable in the future if I intend to max out the car for track, i.e. Quaife LSD, Nitrons/Ohlins etc. Based on tire fitment calculators, the overall diameter of the 235 is quite similar to the OEM fronts, so hopefully it works ok then. Furthermore, there is a Taiwanese man who races on the same wheels, but 9" fronts and 11" rears with his Exige V6 - I am not discounting the fact that I may have to modify the bodywork to fit much wider tyres. If that doesn't work out well, it still doesn't hurt to have a bit more poke from the wheels IMOB-)

Of course, anyone could just order the wheels in the exact OEM specs. The great thing about BC Forged is that they are completely customizable in terms of design, width, finish, PCD, offset etc. If you are hardcore enough, there's even the option for having your wheel with the single locking nut option ala GT3 RS. (I don't work for BC Forged, but they should pay me lol)

Hope that helps!

How you getting on with your setup Ray?

www.alias23.com