Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
window regulator spring - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

window regulator spring

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Which car donated the window regulators in the first place to Lotus? Wreckers?

It's funny, but I recall seeing something recently with this very sort of spring on it. Just can't remember what. Not much help, am I?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I googled "window regulator spring" and got alot of options but I guess the trick is to track down the original doner.

Was it a ford part? Have a look at Mark Wainwright's spreadsheet to see if window mechanism alternative is mentioned.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I have got a pair of Éclat 2.2 window regulators that I now no longer need which I would sell, they were working when removed when I replaced the glass with Perspex on the race Éclat. If you are interested make an offer, I'm based in Bedfordshire if that's of any help

regards Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Alan,

Noted your comment it the initial post ' mounting plates are now stainless as is the door beams ', have you made or had made SS door beams. Be interested to know more.

Best regards

John

John,

Had nearly every mild steel part made out of stainless. When I stripped my Éclat ( having stood for nearly 30 years) the door beams were poor, the passenger door beam was a lace curtain. So a local fabricating firm made all the bits: door beams ( the hinge tubes and striker plates were the originals. I drilled and put a grease nipple in the hinge tube, the bushes were fine), seat belt anchor plates window winder mounting plates, exhaust rear mounting brackets, under windscreen water channels, aluminium petrol tank and various other items. All the items were fabricated using the old items as pattern pieces.

Hope this helps. Thanks,

Alan

Door beam 3.JPG

alanIshep