Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
electric chargecooler pump - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

electric chargecooler pump

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a Mercedes Benz Auxiliary Cooling Electric Pump. It's easy to find and about $110.

-Chandra

I decided to change the original pump for an electric one but when tried to order it through WC engineering discovered they don

Just down the road from me :lol:

Has anyone tried these chargecoolers? They look impressive. They would be more efficient than the standard one i recon? Maybe i should go for one of these instead of the original. Have to buy one anyway if i'm going to convert into chargecooling my old lady..

Edited by PER

Travis,

Are you going to post an install guide once completed?

J

Yea,

Not sure where to mount it yet since my car is all apart (can't tell where it might fit). I also went in with a friend and bought a bunch of GM Metripack connectors. The idea is to use the relay for the EBP and throttle jack, since I have removed both. The wiring harness to the EBP and Throttle jack are rated for the current that my pump draws and it's a dedicated relay. So the install will be plug and play, removable as well.

The idea is that it will turn on after the engine is warmed up, when the EBP would normally be opened, full boost is not available before this time anyways. Also I will have a bypass switch to turn the pump on while the car is not running for burping and filling new coolant. Also could circulate coolant to remove heatsoak while in the pits.

I got my pump from a friend for $100, I hear it goes for about $200 normally, but it'll pump a ton of water (see pdf above)

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis,

It can draw up to 8 amps. That is a lot ?

Dermot

Hey Dermot,

Last time I checked the specs for that connector and wiring of the EBP circuit, it was rated up well above 8A... I could be wrong, and will double check the circuit before I finalize anything.

The pump in question is already used by Lew in his X180-R with good success... Which is why I am also using it, despite it's weight and power requirements.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Has anyone tried these chargecoolers? They look impressive. They would be more efficient than the standard one i recon? Maybe i should go for one of these instead of the original. Have to buy one anyway if i'm going to convert into chargecooling my old lady..

Lotus themselves are using the larger 6x10" cores on their GT3 cars this year.

As for on a normal Lotus, Im not aware of an installation yet, but I use them on Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbos (rear engined) with the smaller 4" diameter cores, and the max charge temps over ambient is around 13 degrees, running around 1 bar, 260bhp +

For instance, a customer has his GTA on a CastleCombe trackday last year, 26 degree day, 1 bar of boost, and the chargetemps never went over 40 deg C, and thats with bad intake temps before the turbo due to the way the induction side on these cars are positioned.

gtacc.jpg

Edited by chargecooler

From an earlier post:

...Although i'm going for the same pump as Dermot did...

Me too. It took about a week to get here from Texas and arrived yesterday from Auto Performance Engineering <ape@autoperformanceengineering.com>

I found they were the cheapest at $125US + $27postage. About half what it costs here in oz.

DanR

goes to show the importance of the c'cooler pump - my one failed at a track day last May and inlet temps peaked at 90 degrees and engine checked out.

I'd recommend electric pump and oversize cooler any day of the week.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Jon,

Electric seems like the way to go, whether it is for chargecooling or engine cooling. At least you can install a large pump failure warning light in a prominent location. Similar to the 'Fan Fail' warning light on some of the Esprits.

Lee

thank for the tip ordered the one from autoperformanceengineering.com as recomended but does anyone know where to get the the plug

Hey lince - I thought I was going to send you the spare :thumbsup: WC one i had...?

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Hey lince - I thought I was going to send you the spare :thumbsup: WC one i had...?

sorry didn't hear from you and made a couple of quotes for shipping to Colombia from my side and it was going to be expensive I was quoted 55 pounds for certified mail. so decided to buy the one from the usa with free shipping. SORRY for not letting you know but just decided today 5 min before the post

If you're still looking for a good home for it, this is one of the tweaks on my growing list. No rush, but if you need ready cash for the Phoenix, drop me a PM.

Phil

More speed, less haste

If you're still looking for a good home for it, this is one of the tweaks on my growing list. No rush, but if you need ready cash for the Phoenix, drop me a PM.

Phil

Cheers Phil.. cash flow.. a funny animal. Either too much or too little but never jst right said Goldilocks. :thumbsup: will pick it up from workshop at w/e and drop you a PM from there.

No prb lince - shipping aboard is the big hassle. :harhar:

Jon

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Specially being part of the third world countrys

Cheers Phil.. cash flow.. a funny animal. Either too much or too little but never jst right said Goldilocks. :thumbsup: will pick it up from workshop at w/e and drop you a PM from there.

No prb lince - shipping aboard is the big hassle. :harhar:

Jon