Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April - Page 7 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April

martynv

all ready to roll...   quick polish up :), quick camera test,

see you all tomorrow

34305080086_525617023f_k.jpg

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 2

Ah that looks good :) Andy.

Well I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow and I look forward to meeting you all at Duxford.

It looks like we are at 54 cars, so may still need some careful parking so please don't hog space and do stay with your car until we're all sorted.

If you can find the correct change £12.60 in the piggy bank that will probably speed things up on entry.

Although it looks to be dry tomorrow it is going to be windy and Airfields by there very nature are very flat and exposed, so wear something warm or you'll be running for the hangars fairly quickly.

Martyn :)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I won't be able to make it, my Esprit isn't playing ball after some work today :( 

Gutted as I was really looking forward to it.

I'll still come to the show but someone else can have my spot.

1 minute ago, jaydubya said:

Hi guys, I won't be able to make it, my Esprit isn't playing ball after some work today :( 

Gutted as I was really looking forward to it.

I'll still come to the show but someone else can have my spot.

it will magiaclly start in the morning... 

• Gold FFM

FYI guys I will be there but am going to go on the PH stand, as I was offered a spot and I see the lotus stand is very well stocked. I hope that helps a little

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Well I had a half decent day, after the ludicrous queue to get in. How they manage to make it so bad I don't know. Also very expensive for a show I have to say, I'm never keen on paying when we're the entertainment, although it is a nice venue.

Had a great run back, briefly followed by someone in a nice red Esprit with a good number plate, who was it?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I only had to queue for around 30 mins but it wasn't the cleverest. I hope they take some lessons away from that. 

Well done Martyn, other than IWM's issues I had a lovely day, top marks as ever mate.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

had a great day, thank you to Martyn and others for sorting..

duxford is a great venue, other than the total incompetent hired in labour organizing the queuing and entrance bit it was a great day..

honestly ive never seen such incompetence & muppetisim with gate management as was going on today..   that could have been so much smoother, effortless and quicker for all..  and who on earth though of 12.60, ... sorry ive run out of change... was a comment i knew i was going to hear as soon as i read the entrance fee..

was almost comical waiting  an hour in lined queues only to see the hired  in help feeding rows that was being fed from people driving straight in  from the entrance the gate  at the back straight past all those that had been chilling waiting their turn.......  and wondering why the the line was never ending... er use you brain....  when this kept happening i thought it might be advised to inform the guys girls at the front, but they kinda didnt want to know..

its ok having a load of hired labour/workers but at least give them good managment..  these sort of events with this many attendees require fantastic organisation and logistic skills..  clearly lacking today.. but to be honest any duxford management with half a brain could have foreseen & planned that better..

lots of nice cars, all varieties, and fantastic aircraft hangers... brilliant..

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JayEmm said:

FYI guys I will be there but am going to go on the PH stand, as I was offered a spot and I see the lotus stand is very well stocked. I hope that helps a little

Hey @JayEmm were you in the Yellow Evora? If so nice little drive out of Duxford. :) 

Thanks for organising Martyn.

Cars and planes are always a good mix.

Thanks also (and to the other gents) for the push(es!) on the way out :blush:.   Looks as though the battery has spent too long on the conditioner...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

@charliejd85 I was, very enjoyable :) 

nice car Jayemm, only one other 400 a green one looking equally as nice

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

I saw, a Hethel one I think. It did sound nice, I never get to hear them from outside :)

Ermm. It sounded freaking cool. Gutted as I thought I was filming on my Go Pro. got home to realise I wasn't... Sucks!!