Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What's your annual mileage? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What's your annual mileage?

Stuno1

Soooo many Evoras seem to have crazy low mileage. Appreciate they are a toy for many and for me it's my weekend/fun car but I still manage 3-5k per year. Now this is not a lot but most seem to do a lot less than that. 

How do some folk do such little mileage and why???

stu

6200 since September

But have bought a little run around to try and mitigate it a bit as am doing more work miles than anticipated when I bought it. Don't really want to do more than 8-10 pa.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I've added 4k miles in 8 months, but it has really dropped off in the past three months as I bought a winter runabout in December. It will pick up again now the weather is improving and I expect to do 4k to 5k per year.

I'm conscious about adding too many miles, as it does hit the value. I hope to get an Alps trip in this year and that will add 2k miles in one trip. I'm sure that most Lotus owners (including Evora) will have access to more than one vehicle.

I think my typical annual mileage going forward will be:

Jeep - 6k miles

Lotus - 4k miles

Motorbike - 2k miles

erm mine is at about 2k.......but its not the only car

I try to put about 2k on the +2 and the m100...and the daily Saab get a hammering at about 4~5k

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Mine is around the 2K mark, but we have 3 other cars so I tend to use the Evora when the weathers fine and a 4X4 when its snowing/icy. Other 2 cars do around 6K each.

• Gold FFM

Mine does 1k.................a month, every month!  :driving:

Got it exactly 2 years ago tomorrow with 32k on the clock and will turn 56k before today is out.

• Like 1

It's car #2, and child #2 arrived on the scene this winter so at the moment is tricky to get out without needing a rear facing car seat... In the summer child #1 becomes big enough for a fwd facing seat using the seat belt and I expect mileage to go up after that point!

Some years in my S1 Evora I only managed around 500 miles ;(

With a mixture of work, family and then the weather being crap when I did have a chance, meant I just didnt get to use it as much as I would like.
I did around 6k mile total in my Evora in the 5 years or so I owned it. Hope to get time to do a few more in the 400 :)

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

2885 since July for my 400.

its been in storage tho due to house build. Once I get it back I intend to do 6/7k a year?

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

The good news is with many Evoras having decent mileage put on them, that will alter the perception of what a "low mileage" vehicle is.

Also will only help in future - for both S1 and 400 owners - to show the cars are reliable enough for daily duty.

Mine is heading for about 15K in the first year.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Interesting that people seem to be opposite ends of the spectrum with not many in the middle. As I thought most are doing 3k ish per year. This does hold true looking at the cars for sale.

• Gold FFM

@Inkyfingers I did once do the maths on how many of those miles were spent travelling from my house to Hethel, or to Stratton. It wasn't pretty.

Now the new seats are in it is a struggle to stop myself putting even more miles on!

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

18 minutes ago, mawheele said:

Less than a 1000 per year. Its a toy for the weekend - not transport.

That's low even as a toy! My weekend jaunts are sometimes 150 miles. I used to manage 3k a year on my motorbike as a fair weather rider.

19 minutes ago, mawheele said:

Far too low, even for me.

I'll probably do that in one weekend next week, we're off to Spa!!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, mawheele said:

I do more than that on the IOM trip each year. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

11 hours ago, mawheele said:

Man after my own heart :)

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..