Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 steering wheel - no red stripe! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 steering wheel - no red stripe!

Does anyone else have a Evora 400 without a red stripe at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel, or am I the only one? My Evora 400 Gulf Edition's wheel is just plain black leather all the way around. All the interior pictures of 400s that I can find, including Gulf Editions, have red stripe steering wheels, which is a bit strange. I almost feel that I'm missing out on something! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess orange would have been better to tie in with your orange stitching?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

So I'm not the only one then! Funny that, as Lotus make a big deal about the stripe, or should I say "racing line indicator", in the current Evora 400 brochure.

I agree that an orange stripe would look good on my car. (Orders some orange leatherette on eBay).

• Gold FFM

Very odd... I've only seen one without the red stripe myself, that had a yellow stripe and was made "to order"

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

On 31/03/2017 at 11:59, RichardC said:

So I'm not the only one then! Funny that, as Lotus make a big deal about the stripe, or should I say "racing line indicator", in the current Evora 400 brochure.

I agree that an orange stripe would look good on my car. (Orders some orange leatherette on eBay).

Mine has cruise control, does yours? 

Mine has cruise control as well, but AFAIK the steering wheels for cars with or without cruise control are interchangeable. Maybe the red stripe is now an option?

The steering wheel is the same, you just load it up for cruise and IPS.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

have replaced the ridiculously bad quality Lotus leather and replaced it with genuine Mercedes leather- nice side effect: got rid of the, for road use useless,

red stripe. in the past rally- drivers applied a tape to their steering wheels for driving situations where they had no feedback from the road to indicate

center- maybe helpful for gravel or approaching the road again after a jump.......

I'm with you @waofner I have said before, I would prefer not to have the stripe. If anyone without a stripe is desperate to get one............

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 1 year later...

Lol - it is purely cosmetic and to make you feel like a serious driver.  You can get tape in any colour you want for under Euro1 and just add it yourself if you really need it.

When i upgraded my S1 steering wheel I added the red centre stripe purely for cosmetic / vanity reasons and NEVER had an occasion to use it for anything.

It's a bit like the superchargers and chargecoolers not being black anymore - cosmetics only and does not add anything other than pleasing to the eye.

For what it is woreth, if you have orange stitching then i think the red stripe would have at best looked shite, and at worse, well, shite with the orange....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have a yellow stripe. When I first drove the car I found it visually distracting if I'm honest, now I don't even see it (or use it).