Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

A great car which looks amazing!  It really does look fast standing still and I look forward to seeing one in the flesh.  I love the wing vents, rear exit vents, rear wing and the one-piece engine cover, carbon as standard, all very nice.  It is on the expensive side with options, the noise concerns are still there and it needs to rev higher.

Regardless of price it will sell well, more profit for Lotus can only be a good thing for new car development.

Essex Blue looks great too, love that colour!  It just needs red wheels :P  :)

Yep, agree with most of comments : beautiful car, beautiful tailgate and openings... but so expensive !  

Just a small point regarding the wiper ... it should at least have been upgraded to a blade type :ph34r: !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TLF News said:

Likey likey, licky licky.........:wub:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Agreed. I was hoping the Lotus was going to help resolve this particular conundrum by offering the 380 Cup for less than the Evora Sport 410 but by charging more they have made it more difficult!

Evora offers a broader breadth of ability it's also a very exotic and desirable thing in its own right. Nicer on longer road trips, all road trips really. The chargecooled 410 engine is preferable, higher revving and easily tuneable. You certainly get more car for your £90k with an Evora. I also like the way it should surprise a few people on a track day, the Exige 380 Cup will be a target.

But then the Exige looks otherworldly, like a Lotus F40. It should be better amazing on track too which is really the only place you can enjoy a fast car to the full these days... they are also limiting production to 60 cars total versus 150 Evora Sport 410s per year...

:X

3 minutes ago, geartox said:

From an aero point of view, I am quite surprised that they didn't add a front splitter much more wider. 

Not road legal.... beware pedestrians......

4 minutes ago, geartox said:

ok I didn't know that. thank you

Je pense.... pas sûr à 100 %...mais c'est une bonne raison..... pour ne pas scier les jambes des piétons au passage......et pour des raisons pratiques avec les gendarmes couchés.....

• Like 1

Wonderfully aggressive looking thing and sure it'll drive superbly. Speccing it to the same level as my Cup though ??

1 minute ago, The Pits said:

380cupmsb.jpg

Ooooh ....little bit of wee escaped

• Like 1

Black n gold

Carbon Grey (sorry Jokke!)

380Cupgrey.jpg

I'm keeping Motorsport Green to myself for a bit....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Agreed. I was hoping the Lotus was going to help resolve this particular conundrum by offering the 380 Cup for less than the Evora Sport 410 but by charging more they have made it more difficult!

Evora offers a broader breadth of ability it's also a very exotic and desirable thing in its own right. Nicer on longer road trips, all road trips really. The chargecooled 410 engine is preferable, higher revving and easily tuneable. You certainly get more car for your £90k with an Evora. I also like the way it should surprise a few people on a track day, the Exige 380 Cup will be a target.

But then the Exige looks otherworldly, like a Lotus F40. It should be better amazing on track too which is really the only place you can enjoy a fast car to the full these days... they are also limiting production to 60 cars total versus 150 Evora Sport 410s per year...

:X

Strangely Daniel was telling me that Evora buyers are extremely price sensitive, forcing high price rebates, whereas Exige buyers are much more dedicated to the car and brand and willingly pay a higher price. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Yes but eyeliner can also be removed with a phone call to the dealer. I wouldn't even have it on a black one personally!

Black would be a shade darker than the photoshop but I didn't want to lose the wing vents so took a compromise. With black the carbon parts become the lighter panels so it's a sort of inverse effect. It does bring everything together and well, what cars don't look good in black?

I tried red, it's hard to do a convincing solid red with my rudimentary PS skills but it looked so good in candy apple red it'll make you want to cry (on account of Lotus refusing to do any more after the trouble they had with the Renault Flame Red car!).

Stunning car, but makes a 350 look a bargain, with plenty of spare cash for upgrades, track days and tuition. 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

18 minutes ago, TBD said:

Strangely Daniel was telling me that Evora buyers are extremely price sensitive, forcing high price rebates, whereas Exige buyers are much more dedicated to the car and brand and willingly pay a higher price. 

Probably cos of the kids and their need for a +2! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Please don't show me one in Motorsport Green ,as it will be too tempting after having that colour on my S2.

Do you remember my car being parked next to your Cup at the Old Thorn Barn a few years ago Jonny :thumbup: