Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

Airbags it is then! All this should help V6 Cup and 360 Cup residuals no end! 

Then there's the ability to run at quieter tracks too....

17 minutes ago, Crouchy said:

Sorry I forgot to mention. The new steering wheel that comes with the airbag delete is not removable. makes that £2500 even more reasonable doesn't it? oh no wait, I mean it makes it a complete and utter rip off.

This...
http://elise-shop.com/steering-wheel-spacer-30mm-hub-to-snapoff-elise-exige-all-models-incl-federal-p-178.html

Plus a B+G plus a steering wheel of your choice...

Circa £270. Lotus Parts = Day Light Robbery! 

www.alias23.com

While the clever money would go for a lightly used original Cup and add the Cup2s, latest geo, tvs1900/Kt460 etc and have a chunk of change....just standing alongside the Kawasaki green Sport 380 at B n C dripping in carbon and cheeky shift mechanism is mighty tempting, so a new (non Motorsport) Cup with further enhancements would be pretty wallet loosening. They'll easily sell the lot. 

Black n gold

3 hours ago, Crouchy said:

Sorry I forgot to mention. The new steering wheel that comes with the airbag delete is not removable. makes that £2500 even more reasonable doesn't it? oh no wait, I mean it makes it a complete and utter rip off.

You can get the same MOMO removable steering wheel (hub, quick release, wheel, etc.) as on other Lotus cars from an airbag or non-airbag base for around £ 450...... + installation cost..... a mistake anywhere ???

11 hours ago, alias23 said:

This...
http://elise-shop.com/steering-wheel-spacer-30mm-hub-to-snapoff-elise-exige-all-models-incl-federal-p-178.html

Plus a B+G plus a steering wheel of your choice...

Circa £270. Lotus Parts = Day Light Robbery! 

That adapter won't fit an airbag car!

You need a full replacement boss and horn ring

Lot of talk about there being no motorsport parts on this car. Am I missing something but isn't the entire aero kit on it completely different to any other aero kit on an exige to date? To me this makes it more Cup than the old one as this is what I always thought was missing when comparing the original cups with the R versions. I've always wanted the Exige Cup to be a road going R (and not the Elise rear wing as on the 380) - Lotus listened and I'm happy.  

I've not read the options but I suspect the airbag delete is with some other option for that money - maybe the harness and a-frame as you can't have those with an air bag. Could be wrong there - but I seem to recall similar on the Elise Cup. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

I've not read the options but I suspect the airbag delete is with some other option for that money - maybe the harness and a-frame as you can't have those with an air bag.

You could be right and that would make sense but it isn't mentioned.

380opt.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

Lot of talk about there being no motorsport parts on this car. Am I missing something but isn't the entire aero kit on it completely different to any other aero kit on an exige to date? To me this makes it more Cup than the old one as this is what I always thought was missing when comparing the original cups with the R versions. And for me it's what was missing and I've always wanted on the Exige Cup (and not the Elise rear wing as on the 380) - lotus listened and I'm happy.  

I've not read the options but I suspect the airbag delete is with some other option for that money - maybe the harness and a-frame as you can't have those with an air bag. Could be wrong there - but I seem to recall similar on the Elise Cup. 

Sounds to me like you are talking yourself into an order Tom. If I were you though, I'd bear in mind that it's probably 90% the same car as your LF1 was; and you mentioned at Spa last year that you were convinced the Cup 250 was the sweet spot of the entire Lotus range.....

I still stand by that - the Elise Cup is phenominal. As an all rounder for all tracks I would say unbeatable and for the road the right balance. The V6 in any guise I is too nuts for the road if you want to have any fun at all.

@Gashead1105 there was no talking in needed. I always said I'd get the next Exige Cup when it came along. In reality the LF1 had a little more in terms of suspension - @Randy and @Pat@Hofmanns created pure magic there. But it was never a Cup. Now I've actually learnt to drive I feel i deserve a fast car again :). I am interested to see what the factory come back with re Ohilins and the TFT screen @The Pits has enquired about.

Track days are getting frustraing... sitting behind cars round all the twisties to have them belt off in the straights is getting tiresome. Been pondering a 620r for a while - but a little too extreme.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

14 minutes ago, LF1 said:

Now I've actually learnt to drive I feel i deserve a fast car again :).

BALLS how am I going to stand a chance if you get a V6!

2 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

That adapter won't fit an airbag car!

You need a full replacement boss and horn ring

Sorry to report Dave but it can work as I have it on my car....
IMG_6607.JPG.1762c5e51c5d0b1158bdbcb84c7a0bb1.JPG

The B+G then bolts on... The spacer from EliseParts doesn't work but the one from EliseShop with the counter sunk bolts does work. You do need to sand down the diameter of the bolts slightly to fit into the countersunk holes. Its a good alternative to the true OEM solution.

www.alias23.com

No doubt that enough power to get past the slower cars (like me!) on the straights would suit you well. I would guess that with Ohlins and the TFT screen you're going to be looking at c100k for it and I just wonder if after a little while you will feel like it was entirely money well spent? Not wanting to put a dampener on the thread of course, am all for as many people as possible ordering one. I think blue with gold wheels would look awesome!

7 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I think the only cost options I'd add are Air con and mats, so that comes to £84,330. Not outrageous (particularly on 50/50!).

You are aware that 84k is still 84k whether you split it in half or in 50 parts? :P:P

2 hours ago, Neal H said:

I think the only cost options I'd add are Air con and mats, so that comes to £84,330. Not outrageous (particularly on 50/50!).

plus £2000 road tax, etc

A bit busy on this occasion @Tim Raven but a very kind offer nonetheless. In terms of the number and quality of cars I have driven today, it has been one to remember! 

Exige V6 Cup, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 1, Evora Sport 410, Evora 400 IPS, McLaren 540C. All were amazing in their own ways but I now very much share your views on the McLaren. Incredible!

Apologies in advance for those hoping to see some videos of the above but some days it's nice just to drive and commit these things to memory. I did take some video of the Sport 380s they have at B&C currently, no driving shots just for people to see what they look like in different colours. I'll be uploading that shortly.

Happy to discuss the various drives elsewhere but this isn't the thread for it.

The 380 Cups that B&C have ordered are scheduled to arrive some time towards the end of June. The spec is pretty amazing you really could just get away with air con and floor mats as options if you like one of the standard colours then there's nothing more to pay apart from the dreaded OTR costs.

• Like 1