Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 23 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

Have a look at these pics. A little parallax error but around 3.5 to 4" as measured. I took these as I got a fooking parking ticket on the first day I got it... could not get onto my sons drive so tried to talk my way out of it, still got the fine though. But wouldn't go up the incline as depicted from the picture with a plank of wood ??

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

• Like 1

Many thanks Mark - off to measure the S4s now. Edit - S4s is 4" at the lowest point of the splitter and it can rub if I go into the drive at the wrong angle.......but it's those pesky speed bumps that worry me. Looks like I'm going to need to borrowing an Exige before buying.

On a separate subject - how good does the Cup look in Toxic Green & the red stitching alongside the green is inspired!B-)

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

• Like 2

It's not so much the height as the overhang that restricts the Esprit.

Looks to me like you have over an inch of rubber trim below the splitter anyway. That has to make the approach angle appear far worse than it really is, so long as you don't mind occasionally rubbing the trim, and using it like cats' whiskers in fact.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2017 at 16:46, French Frie said:

#1, delivered in Luxembourg ? At least,  I hope Lotus didn't catch the Ferrari bad habit, ie a plate not mentioning the precise # in the row, but only "1 of 60" ...

I can confirm that the Cup380  are not numbered individually  :ph34r: ... Marcassus Sport is also claiming they're offering #1 :P  on a light blue one they have at their facilities !

19756468_10213565355310287_3318458131467

other point : I do think I read all the CUP 380 were sold ... But I also few dealers offering them for sale ! It seems that slots were bought by dealers, in order to say that it was a huge and quick success, but all the final buyers are not found yet :ph34r: !

• Like 1

So they all have the same plaque?imageproxy_php.thumb.jpg.d0a68ae5f36e5663c30cac2ff9d03afa.jpg

... that's where some people ended about limited editions for Ferrari :ph34r: ! for the Cup 380, can we imagine it is just an other cost killer conspiracy (it's cheaper to produce all the same plaques) :P ?

At least everyone will think they have number 1 !!!

I would not be pleased, I would want my car individually numbered.

Can't be a cost saving surely!! How much are people paying for these 380 Cups?!!

Lotus will keep records of the build order, so if you get the certificate of vehicle provenance, at least you will know what the build number was for your car.

Shame it is not reflected on the plaque.

That's all there is at the minute from Lotus Arun but hopefully more will released soon.

So far by my reckoning we've seen Essex Blue, Sky Blue, Metallic White or more likely Pearl White & Toxic Green.

• Like 1

Yes we already know they're building at least 80. Still a tiny number. They made many more 311s.

Not the smartest choice for a speculator in any event.

However, there's a good chance that the all-new Exige of 2020 onwards is a turbo four or even a hybrid, especially after Volvo's recent announcement.

If that is the case then the last hurrah for the V6 engined Exige might go down as something a bit special. I just don't think the 380 Cup is that car, although its successor might well be.

• Like 1

Plaque from the LF1:

27.thumb.jpg.f0be4b58437473043f3e7fae51369259.jpg

Yes, 360 Cup plague states car number xx of 50.  

Shame they didn't do that for the 380 Cup, although perhaps a good job they didn't after deciding to make an additional 20 for the Far East.  Maybe this is to also give Lotus flexibility on the total run number.

5 minutes ago, M4rk said:

Maybe this is to also give Lotus flexibility on the total run number.

In which case it is more fair to write on that plaque something like "Limited edition - 1 of many" :zorro: