Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Cup 380 - Page 36 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Cup 380

TLF News

only 6 sec faster than the V6S years ago?!?!? Alone the new pavement on the NOS should have brought 4-5 sec ... Same driver?!?

Would very interesting to out the V6S video and the Cup 380 video side by side ...

Not surprised, the Exige is in the 996 GT3 category, and essentielle the same car as previous versions, and consequently has about the same performance on NOS. Do you have the full issue that we can read what they say ??

Absolutely... PDK 991 GT3 vs. Stick I think was 10s faster on the NOS ... same driver... 

Just read the article on the Website about the test in Hethel  (not the Supertest) and it was a great, very positive review... 

5 minutes ago, PeterSweden said:

Same time as 997 GT3 mk1 from 2006 with 415 hp.

Yes, I've told that here many times, the Exige is in the category of the 996/997 Mk1 GT3 category, which isn't bad...... now you've all seen on the video what the close ratio can make for you....4-5th gear are much too long.... the driver hesitated in the final straight to put the 6th in which is far too long,,....4,5,6 should have closer ratios..... and he had a hard time between 3rd-4th gear also shook his head several times, had to double clutch several times to pass the 4th.... I think with close ratios, and maybe a 2nd, or 3rd attempt he could have done better... probably another 5-6 sec 

And with a Helmet "Manthey Racing", we all know what he's used to :):):)

1 minute ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Yes, I've told that here many times, the Exige is in the category of the 996/997 Mk1 GT3 category, which isn't bad...... now you've all seen on the video what the close ratio can make for you....4-5th gear are much too long.... the driver hesitated in the final straight to put the 6th in which is far too long,,....4,5,6 should have closer ratios..... and he had a hard time between 3rd-4th gear also shook his head several times, had to double clutch several times to pass the 4th.... I think with close ratios, and maybe a 2nd, or 3rd attempt he could have done better... probably another 5-6 sec 

Agreed 2min 41 - real problems from 3rd to 4th and a shake of the head, then again at 7.12.  Gear change issues are well known when the change is rushed, and admitted by some, the new linkage does not seem to help on this front, it is just the box sometimes does not like very high rpm rapid changes. It is very possible to adapt your driving style to mostly avoid this.

Looked a very rapid lap to me, he did not leave much out there, shame the time was not a bit better, but makes my 9 mins in an e36 m3 look pedestrian.

Well I'm a LITTLE disappointed, but more or less not bad and certainly can do better with the same car and some adjustments, gear ratios, etc. etc. I think 997GT3 MKII time is a possibility.

The driver must be used to Porsches and has maybe driven a Lotus 3 times in his life I don't know. Lotus should do it with its own driver and team to compare.

What's the KT Ex 460 time btw ?????

178 km/h vmin SX left is very very slow. Should be a fast part for the 380. Strange!'

I havent checked other speeds, but seems slow in other slow parts as well.... (I have driven 500+ laps on the Ring, so have a little experience)

Edited by PeterSweden