Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clutch slave cylinders - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Clutch slave cylinders

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

...this is proving to be extremely difficult and I'm beginning to think that the '98 on V8 clutch slave cylinder might be an OEM special.

Has anyone got one either spare or off the car that they could take some markings/pics for me please? Or if you're under the car anytime soon pull remove it and have a look?!?!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Esprit S1 with 7/8" internal diameter slave cylinder (Part No. 64673467) the seal kit is Girling SP2029.  Readily available on eBay.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

...this is proving to be extremely difficult and I'm beginning to think that the '98 on V8 clutch slave cylinder might be an OEM special.

I spent a long time looking at this in the past. I am sure the one on my car has Renault in the casting but was actually made by FTE - casting on the one my from secret stash of Esprit spare parts has 6701 fte 23 on the casting. As I have two different castings they must have been made by different people at times. This has been covered in another thread:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forus/topic/72009-my-2002-fte-clutch-slave-cylinder/m

I also spent some time trying to find a service kit for one but failed. If this becomes a real issue for people I am happy to pull apart the spare and see what the seals look like but aren't the cylinders still available from Lotus?.

WP_20170502_11_13_17_Pro.jpg

Thanks @march Marc, that's very helpful. I will have a dig around that tonight.

The link above doesn't work, think that it should be:

It's not looking very promising I have to say, particularly the comment around both master and slave being specials as I thought that they might be. Hmmm. There should be something out there that could substitute with some tweaks I would have thought. I will keep going!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Have you tried calling Bigg Red (01905428793) ? Those guys were really helpful when I needed a full rebuild kit for my early Girling rear calipers. They may have some proprietary reference material. 

• 10 months later...