Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

alias23 aka Kung Fu Panda - Modified Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, NW76 said:

Imran, great stuff!!! Love it!! Looks very professional! 

Where did you get the motorsport blanking plate I might order one as well as sooner or later my radio will go ... ?

I think Junks has one or two left so give him a shout on junks@clublotus.com 

Roughly £30 which isn’t too bad vs Lotus rrp of £94! Just tell Junks it’s the same one he sent to me the other week.

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

A little something something arrived this morning! A big thank you to @Seriouslylotus as always top notch service and guidance as I researched lithium battery options for Magpie. I'll run a proper post in the next few weeks but I can simply not believe the weight difference - unreal!

Braille.jpg.ce638b8bc693fd008385d84d77f93173.jpg

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

A little something something arrived this morning! A big thank you to @Seriouslylotus as always top notch service and guidance as I researched lithium battery options for Magpie. I'll run a proper post in the next few weeks but I can simply not believe the weight difference - unreal!

Braille.jpg.ce638b8bc693fd008385d84d77f93173.jpg

With the carbon mounting to replace the standard one the total saving is 16kgs ( well it was on my 360...)

30 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

With the carbon mounting to replace the standard one the total saving is 16kgs ( well it was on my 360...)

Absolutely astonished at the weight saving... pound for pound this is the best weight saving option available for the Exige. Thank you for including the carbon mount very much appreciated!

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

@Seriouslylotus - do you have a link for the battery?  Couldn’t believe how heavy my battery was when I removed it recently!! 

Same as these

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Car-electric/Lightweight-battery-Exige-S-V6.html

I am no longer an advertiser so links from me will be no more......

I have removed the batteries from sale as they are not popular, really don't know why because as Imran says pound for pound the lightweight battery is brilliant

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NW76 said:

Any idea how much of a weight saving this would be on the Club Racer Battery?!?!?

I need to weigh again but it wouldn’t surprise me if 10kg is shed against the CR

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

Is this one strong enough to live a week in the garage without being on a charger ? 

It’s one of the reasons I went Braille vs a number of the cheaper options. Braille has been tested by @Seriouslylotus for over a year and a half and has survived Dave leaving his car in the garage for two weeks at a time!

That said I have got a li charger and will also be installing a battery cut off to be on the safe side.

www.alias23.com

6 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Is this one strong enough to live a week in the garage without being on a charger ? 

On my 360 it lasts about 2 weeks and will usually start the car

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

It’s one of the reasons I went Braille vs a number of the cheaper options. Braille has been tested by @Seriouslylotus for over a year and a half and has survived Dave leaving his car in the garage for two weeks at a time!

That said I have got a li charger and will also be installing a battery cut off to be on the safe side.

Suppose I should really connect my factory fitted battery cut out as well......but have never bothered

7 hours ago, alias23 said:

I need to weigh again but it wouldn’t surprise me if 10kg is shed against the CR

Braille is 2.9 kgs the standard V6 battery is 17.5 kgs, the standard battery carrier is almost 1.9 kgs. On my car the savings made when changing out the carrier and battery was 16 kgs (measured)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I think it should. We have a Cup 380 parked at the dealer since November and still starts without issues. It's not plugged into a trickle charger either.

18 minutes ago, geartox said:

you didn't buy a liteblox ?

Not yet ... always thought the CR battery weighs only 6-7kg anyway and was intending to do it when the battery is done anyway ... 

Might reconsider now ... not sure ... but the liteblox is high on my list ...