Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEW's Oxford Meeting 2007 - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEW's Oxford Meeting 2007

Kato

It's a transport question though - my daily is the GT3 now :X

I'm sure I could ponse a seat there but I'd much rather be driving - I might see if I can rent an Elise/Exige for the day come to think of it.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Legislation - I don't think it's DoT at all it's Home Office legislation. It's Michael Howards' 90's Anti-Rave, illegal-congregation laws "Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, 1994," they can actually nick you on, from what I've always been told.

Ask Karl - he used to organise cruises so has experienced all this first hand.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

We do need people to book early as we cannot except payments on the day. We also have a limited capacity, so if it proves as popular as last year, we may have to turn people away.

So please book early to avoid disappointment and help the organisation!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Is anyone going from SE / London ?

Happy to take you Jon....if you decide that you can stand just passengering and not driving!

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Anybody wanting to meet up on route from the West Country? - Be an early one again though. Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This years Oxford Meeting will again be at Heythrop Park and will be taking place on Sunday 13th May 2007. More details to follow, but keep the date free!

Oxford 2006

Well what can I say..Guilty your Honor..me Too...Portugal..My Good Wife really does need the break...me I'm just a House Husband with a wonky leg. I've been to so many of our Esprit Gigs I know you will all enjoy the days Fun.....Good Look to you all...have a great Day out....cheers..Rob C

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881

• Gold FFM

If anybody wants anything picked up brought to Oxford from SJ or South West Lotus, (which will fit in a Esprit) let me know by late Thursday as I'll be passing Friday pm, and I'll save you the postage costs. Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Can't make it this year.

Probably the first I've missed in 5 years.

Besides, I snapped a tie rod end off the rear gear linkage.

My translator repair kit upgrade has just become a necessity rather than a 'would like to'.

Alan

think the names are on a list, dont worry about the virginity thing too much noone can tell by just looking

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Happy to take you Jon....if you decide that you can stand just passengering and not driving!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner Mike :whistle:

I've got a fair bit of work lined up to do on the GT2 this weekend now otherwise I would have taken you up on your kind offer.

Have a good one tomorrow - hope the weather is kind !

You can chat 'ere if you like :whistle:

I would have been (love the Oxford meets) but I'm having suspension issues (again) ie I have none !

I couldn't get up there, and now I have got stuck into a load of work.

Just wanted to Thank everyone involved in organising this years Oxford Meet. I had a really good day out and met some old friends and made a few more - even the weather held up on the way back down the A34 and I had a nice dry stretch of road to play with. :lol:

Particularly wanted to thank Brian, Jeff and Phillip for their very informative and interesting talks. Top Bunch of blokes. :lol:

Thanks everyone and hope to see you all at the next event

Cheers

Matt

I like to say what a good day was today at the oxford meet. It was nice to make some new friends (Mike, Glyn and Gill over lunch) and get to know others a bit better (Mat over lunch too). Roger and his partner Sam( thats right isnt it roger, I am terrible with names!). Well done to the organisers who helped keep the show on the road when the power failed and we were plunged in the dark, facing a salad for lunch!. Brian and Geoff's talk and question sessions were interesting and really informative and help paint a picture of the many challenges that the lotus engineering boffins face when there is little money in the kitty. Oh and the special V8 engine in Brians car sounded well cool. Proper V8 rumble. One of the tech heads that was there today will have to explain the difference as I cant. Also we found out that the additional V8 spoiler on my GT3 will not make things good at about 130-140 mph, too much down forace affecting the balance. So have to keep my speed under control!!!

The weather was lousy going home and myself and Simon took an unintentional hoon round the oxfordshire countryside trying to work out how to get to the M40! Still, made it back safe.

here is a few snap shots from my camera phone

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

This guy was bouncer keeping the riff-raff off the cars

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

A wheel swap in progress - MatK will have to explain!!!

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Over all the crack was good as can been seen in the this photo........

DSC00029.jpg

I would like to add my thanks to all concerned in the organisation of the day and also to the guest speakers for a great day out. journey home was awful with lot of standing water on the road and slow motorways, however it was made much more bearable by my passenger Graham with intersting conversation.

Apologies to Mat once again for the drive down, my pace was a little too much for his oil pressure in his S2.

but he looked good in my mirrors on the way home..

thanks again to every one who made the effort and came to make yet another great Esprit day out

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

:lol:

Right, one more pic of my ass and I'm gonna cry!

Congrats to the organisers for a fun day out despite the weather although boo to you for not having out forum names on the name badges! I hardly knew who anyone is! :P

I'm just sorting my pics out now (erm, all 257 of them) and will upload them later :lol:

Nice to see you all folks, great day out :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I too have a load of photos to post. I'm a bit short of time as I swap cars and head to Scotland on work but I'll explain the wheel swap later. In the meantime a few tasters.....

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Well guys.......

Had yet another great day - even Jill really enjoyed it too.....

Its hard trying to remember all the new names and faces (but can remember you Alex! and Matt (who bought from Chesterfield), and Mat (F1 pit crew wheel changer!!) sorry to those I am yet to remember !

The weather getting back to Chesterfield was as they say around here 'rate bad' - shocking puddles that made everyobe slow down.

I asked Brian A to record the sound of the V8 with the alternative crank and cams, and forward it to Kato so we all have a record of it - drool, drool awesome......

Message to Graham (backmarker) Jill says when the cats away the mice will play - so see you supercar sunday!!!!!!

Cheers to Paul C, Rob E, Bibs, Kato et al for organising today - sooooo glad we could make it

TTFN

Glyn n Jill

My Dad and I had a fantastic day. Thanks to all for making it a really great event, despite the weather.

Met some really interesting people and found the talks very very informative

Thanks

Bazza

And a big thanks from me also...great day despite the wet! It is great that Brian and Geoff can find the time to attend events like this and let us all into some background info on the Lotus Company and i am especially looking forward to seeing the next Esprit.....better get saving! also very interesting talk from Phillipe (sorry if thats spelt wrong). BIG sorry to Alex for our hoon round the Oxford countryside i now know i have GOT to get my suspension done!!!

Hope NMEG can host a do in the coming months with some dry fast (60mph) roads and eating venue.....

good day out again :lol:

IMG_0760.jpg

had to put this pic on , no one else has my car on it - that aint right!! :lol::D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)