Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from London! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from London!

Konstantin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hells teeth that looks good!

Roof off from day 1 too. Nice work!

Welcome to TLF. You've come to the right place.

:thumbup:

If you're using the car regularly don't worry about charging the battery but leave it for more than 2 weeks and it'll be most likely be flat. No idea why they drain batteries, mine doesn't even have an alarm or immobilizer!

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Konstantin. :welcome:

Looks very nice and purposeful. Smiled when you spoke about acceleration and could only think wait until it is properly run in. You should finish off your profile as well so we know where and what to call you. Unless Konstantin is your name?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome to TLF and congrats on the new car, looks lovely! That looks like Hexagon on Finchley Road.

The immobiliser resets after 30 seconds, you don't need to lock and unlock, just press the centre button on the key and the tell-tale on the speedo will stop flashing and you can start the car. It's a security feature on lots of cars for the immobiliser to reset, lots of cars also relock the doors if you unlock the car then don't open it within 30 seconds.

The lithium race battery is much smaller and lighter than a conventional lead acid battery, therefore it holds less charge and can drain over a couple of weeks due to the alarm/immobiliser current draw. You can't use a jump pack on the battery. Your manual does have a supplement on the battery and in truth, it's quite smart. When the voltage drops the battery will isolate itself to prevent further drain while retaining enough charge to start the car, you'll need to find a green button in the boot near the battery to reset this so you can start the car. The other option is to return to a lead acid battery which you can use a jump pack on. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started a new thread with a few points and a story about my battling with a flat Li Ion battery here: 

It's in the Elise/Exige sub, but generally, anyone with a Li-Ion battery should find it relevant(-ish).

not sure if there's much difference tbh. The coupé can be fitted with a soft top and vice versa. Roadsters are limited at 145 mph while coupés can go up to 175. Not sure why you'd ever need to travel at 145mph, left alone the higher limit. What do they say? "120's plenty" or something like that :D

Haha yes definitely. I've read you can't buy the soft tops easily because of a lack of supply, but I might try to get one next year. 

Might as well enjoy it with the roof off as well!

Seems they don't tend to have spare parts lying around. Ordered a hard top about a month and a half ago and it'll probably be at least another month and a half before I get it. Not too worried as long as I get it before winter.

Unrelated: was super chuffed last night at an evening track day at Brands Hatch, lot's of people asking questions and taking pictures of the Exige. Seems, Lotus have once again created a stunning looking vehicle :)