Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brands Hoon. M11/A14/M25 Westbound - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brands Hoon. M11/A14/M25 Westbound

Tentenths

Ticket/pass arrived this morning :rofl:

Kimbers, how about meeting up somewhere near the A12/M25 junction (J28)?

There is/was a Little Chef/service station just up the A1023 towards Brentwood. Otherwise there's a service road/layby, or a Holiday Inn.

Martyn, Chris, anyone else - how about you?

James

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket/pass arrived this morning :rofl:

There is/was a Little Chef/service station just up the A1023 towards Brentwood. Otherwise there's a service road/layby, or a Holiday Inn.

Martyn, Chris, anyone else - how about you?

James

Hi James,

Looks like the Little Chef is still there on the A1023. The easiest place to meet might be Thurrock Services though at Junction 30 on the M25, then there's no need to turn off the M25. What sort of time are you thinking of ?

Martyn.

Edited by martynv

James,

Sure. I guess you're not going across on A14 then?

Martyn just say the time, though don't forget I'm gonna be coming down the M11 so need a place AFTER that junction...I think it's 18 isn't it?. Was planning to leave here at about 6, so on M25 by 7 (hehe.. :rofl: .) OK 8 then.

Paul, U wanna meet with us seeing as you're coming down from Northants?

ANyone else coming round M25 heading west? Also anyone from Cambridge or Norfolk? Andy?

Lets make this a good one.

I'll be coming from Norfolk Starting at about 6. Travelling down A11/A14/M11/M25.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Me and mancunian are aiming to meet up at sandbach services M6, about 6.00 am (work permiting for Richard, if not I fly solo). From there its about 200 miles for us two. We reckon on arriving for about 9.30ish, maybe earlier. Depends how much lead I put in my boots.

Looking forward to it guys.

Alex

route.jpg

Martyn,

Did think about Thurrock but it would halve the 'Esprits in Formation' time - and that just wouldn't be fair on the other M25 users would it? :rofl::P

The suggested Brentwood meet point is literally 1-2 mins off the M25, which is probably about the same as Thurrock. But I'm quite happy with either or even both (could be others coming via A127 e.g. Ashley?).

Kimbers,

For this particular jaunt A12 south is quickest for me.

You should be able to do M11/M25 junction (J6 M11/J27 M25) in 2 hrs v.easily. Suggested Brentwood meet point (off at J28) is 10 - 15 mins from there; Thurrock (J30/31) 20 - 25 mins.

So we could aim for 8:15 at Brentwood and/or 8:30 at Thurrock? Should then be at BH by 8:45 - 9:00.

James

Edited by Tentenths

Ben....7 to 7.15 then? I suggest at the Stanstead Airport Sevices just off M11? in the car section of the car park? I don't think we could miss each other!

James, Jim, Jimmy unless I'm wrong isn't Brentwood the wrong side of the M25 for me? gimme a map show me where and me and Ben can meet you we'd be there in about an hour from our meet.

PM me your number as well. Ben I will PM you my Mobile in case.

Anyone else?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

James,

Sure. I guess you're not going across on A14 then?

Martyn just say the time, though don't forget I'm gonna be coming down the M11 so need a place AFTER that junction...I think it's 18 isn't it?. Was planning to leave here at about 6, so on M25 by 7 (hehe.. :rofl: .) OK 8 then.

Paul, U wanna meet with us seeing as you're coming down from Northants?

ANyone else coming round M25 heading west? Also anyone from Cambridge or Norfolk? Andy?

Lets make this a good one.

I'll be coming from Norfolk Starting at about 6. Travelling down A11/A14/M11/M25.

Kimbers,

Watch out for the Mobile Speed Camera's on the A11 if you head out at around 08:00. Got zapped last Saturday on my way to Donnington so just waiting to see what the damage is. Just hope the Snooper done its job.

I'll therefore be heading down the A140 / A12 / M25 for my own safety

Keith

Me and mancunian are aiming to meet up at sandbach services M6, about 6.00 am (work permiting for Richard, if not I fly solo). From there its about 200 miles for us two. We reckon on arriving for about 9.30ish, maybe earlier. Depends how much lead I put in my boots.

What time will you be getting on to the M25? If you're only 30 mins away from us we could always wait to make a bigger entrance?

Kimbers,

Watch out for the Mobile Speed Camera's on the A11 if you head out at around 08:00. Got zapped last Saturday on my way to Donnington so just waiting to see what the damage is. Just hope the Snooper done its job.

I'll therefore be heading down the A140 / A12 / M25 for my own safety

Keith

Are you sure Keith? Will be much quicker to go M11 and we could meet up at Attleborough and drive in together? Also will be leaving at around 6 from Wymondham. so should miss that bsted.

Kimbers, any particular reason you're going westbound round the M25... it's a whole lot further!

Suggest you go eastbound i.e. clockwise. Brentwood will then be on the 'correct' side i.e. your left. There's a clicky map hiding under A1023 in the above post.

Edit - moby no. pm'd

Edited by Tentenths

Ben....7 to 7.15 then? I suggest at the Stanstead Airport Sevices just off M11? in the car section of the car park? I don't think we could miss each other!

James, Jim, Jimmy unless I'm wrong isn't Brentwood the wrong side of the M25 for me? gimme a map show me where and me and Ben can meet you we'd be there in about an hour from our meet.

PM me your number as well. Ben I will PM you my Mobile in case.

Anyone else?

Yep, sounds fantastic - thats my junction :rofl: Will see you then...

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?loc...6787&icon=x

The Brentwood meeting point should be on the way looking at the map... It is just off junction 28 if my understanding is correct?

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

What time will you be getting on to the M25? If you're only 30 mins away from us we could always wait to make a bigger entrance?

could you pm us a mobile number and we can give you a heads up if we are near by?

ta very much

Alex

Kimbers, any particular reason you're going westbound round the M25... it's a whole lot further!

Suggest you go eastbound i.e. clockwise. Brentwood will then be on the 'correct' side i.e. your left. There's a clicky map hiding under A1023 in the above post.

Edit - moby no. pm'd

I ermmm put it up wrong and even being a Mod.....am ashamed to admit I don't know how to change it to Eastbound!

DOH! :rofl:

Brentwood looks good to me James.

The Brentwood meeting point should be on the way looking at the map... It is just off junction 28 if my understanding is correct?

Ben

Yep, spot on Ben :rofl:

Here's a larger scale version of the same map

The Little Chef is/was in Brook Street. From memory about where the 'BR' of Brook Street is, on the left hand side. But if their car park is closed we can always meet a little further up at the Holiday Inn.

James

Edited by Tentenths

as James said, i'll be heading west towards Thurrock or Brentwood so can meet at either. Incidentally I got flashed doing 48 in a 40 zone on a stretch of the A127 which becomes 70mph, 50 yards further on :rofl: . I was on my way to Lipscomb at 7.28 on Sunday morning and have to go on a speed awareness course lol! or get 3 points :P

Can we say Brentford then?

That's bad luck Ashley. Money grabbing barstewards! Assume you'll opt for the speed awareness course? If so, be prepared for some 'tug at your heartstrings' type pictures.

Anyway, I'd guess it'll easier for you if we 'pick you up' at Thurrock. But if you'd like a few extra miles of Esprit Formation Flying, and don't mind a slight diversion, you could always come to Brentwood. Your call...

James

Guys,

What time do you reckon upon hitting M25 J13 Staines or M3 J1 Sunbury??

I'd love to meet up and hoon down with you all.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I could be up for this depending on what time I finish work tonight. If I can make it I'll be starting from Milton just of the A14, junction 33 near Cambridge. Kimber's, what time do you anticipate passing by?

Brendan

Brendan

Is Milton the Newmarket turning cause I get off the next one (after the BP station) to get down to the M11. Unless you want me to come further on.

I'm leaving home just on the A11 outside Norwich at 6 so Newmarket 6.45 ish. Aiming for Stanstead at 7.15. Unless you want to meet us at Stanstead services?

Can we say Brentford then?

You can say Brentford if you want, but because I live there, I prefer to call it Brentwood!!

Sounds good to me, I will pass that way tonight and check out the little chef parking to see if has enough spaces and look at the Holiday Inn to see if that would be better. Will post again on this thread about 7ish.

How many of us are going to meet there??

Edited by esprit22

Rog

The Kimbers' convoy is going clockwise from the M11 so, unfortunately, won't be coming round past the M3... unless there is a monumental navigational cock up (wouldn't the first time eh Kimbers? :rofl:).

But I'm pretty sure Ian (Mayesprit) and the SW crew will be skirting round the bottom half of the M25 so maybe you could link up with them? (there's chat about it on page 5 of the main Brands Hatch thread). Might be worth dropping Ian a PM just in case he doesn't spot this.

Goes without saying that you're more than welcome to join up with the Eastbound convoy at the M11 or A12, but it would lengthen your journey quite a bit.

James

Edited by Tentenths

You can say Brentford if you want, but because I live there, I prefer to call it Brentwood!!

Chris

As our man on the spot, is the Brook Street Little Chef and/or service station still there? Are you gonna join us?

James