Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

Crikey there must be loads staying over. I tried loads of places and they're all either booked up or cost more than a set of tyres for a single night.

Managed to get a room at the Bell House Hotel in Chippenham in the end. Booking line is 0845 45 66 399 if anyone's interested.

Dont know why hotels/inns are busy. I planned for all us guys to stay at the White Hart at Ford as rooms are normally in abundance when booking this early. Guess that The Manor has a lot of rooms/suites available, unless Bazza has reserved the Whole hotel just for him and his Mrs!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn to miss the boat this year then. But it does look like many are staying in different places. How easy is it going to be for all of us to get together the night before?

This is where I stayed 2 years ago. Must check availability before you lot get booked in their 10 haunted rooms.

http://www.castle-inn.info/

I hate you all. Which Bugger took the last room this afternoon?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My turn to miss the boat this year then. But it does look like many are staying in different places. How easy is it going to be for all of us to get together the night before?

This is where I stayed 2 years ago. Must check availability before you lot get booked in their 10 haunted rooms.

http://www.castle-inn.info/

I hate you all. Which Bugger took the last room this afternoon?

The night before??

I could sleep in the LEF tent. Beer fridge/BBQ/TV/Camp bed, sounds alright :)

Bagsy a space in there too boss :)

hey, combe was an RAF base, i feel another early morning paper aeroplane competition coming on...

Midnight frizbee?

(away from the cars)

Just read this thread ,my mrs is trying to get the day off ,sadly i will not be able to take my s3,lack of seats mrs me and my daughter Claudia ,just dont fit in a esprit ,so it will have to be the suzuki jeep look foreward to meeting you all again ,cheers mike and family

Just read this thread ,my mrs is trying to get the day off ,sadly i will not be able to take my s3,lack of seats mrs me and my daughter Claudia ,just dont fit in a esprit ,so it will have to be the suzuki jeep look foreward to meeting you all again ,cheers mike and family

Ooo. Sounds like fun. Better check work diary :rolleyes:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I always stop at The Crown when riding at Castle Combe. Find 'em on the location page at www.motorcyclefolly.co.uk or try here http://www.crown-at-giddeahall.co.uk/

Good food, excellent beer, good carpark (useful for trailers carrying bikes), olde worlde rooms and about 10 mins from the circuit.

Ideal.

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I always stop at The Crown when riding at Castle Combe. Find 'em on the location page at www.motorcyclefolly.co.uk or try here http://www.crown-at-giddeahall.co.uk/

Good food, excellent beer, good carpark (useful for trailers carrying bikes), olde worlde rooms and about 10 mins from the circuit.

Ideal.

Graham.

Thanks Graham I'll give em a try

Ade

Castle Combe lotus track day meet. Saturday 26 may. Any of you guys going to be there?? I feel a hoon comming on... :thumbsup:

I'll be there..only missed 3 years in the last 23 years, so I guess I enjoy it...I was speking to Allan Morgan who owns and runs Club Lotus about 10 days ago, when he was atvor local club..should be great if the weather is kind for us.

One year there was 600 Lotus cars there...so the then late owner Grayham Arnold siad over the PA system....Oh Allan did tell me there was few Track Passes still availalbe from Club HQ

Be there enjoy seeing so many fantastic cars..stands..food spares etc.... cheers Rob C

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Troy Halliday

Yep I'll be there hopefully with Penny and the misses depends if we can get a sitter for the little man (Aaron) only Caroline refuses to put him in the boot. Not sure what the problem is I carpeted it for god sake :question:

roof rack?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Guest Troy Halliday

Just asked the little guy if he wanted to go on a roofrack on the Esprit, his answer ".....yeh, Great!" Now lets see if the word of a 4 year old and my word (all be it mentally four years old adult) can twist her arm.

Not sure if I can make it.....

Would be good as I quite like the circuit, used to know someone who knew someone and we got season tickets to go see whatever we wanted, good place to get a tan.....

Diary is well full at the moment, if I can squeeze it in I will but cant promise anything..... :question:

Simon

Chunky Lover

I have a favour to ask, if anybody from Norwich / Norfolk could oblige.

I've bought some Lotus mags form a guy in Wales, he would prefer colection from the Lotus event.

could anybody pick them up from him, and I'll pop round and pick them up from somebody locally?

Andy

do i need to pre pay for a ticket for this at all or pay on the day, as i have never been i need to know for kelly and i

No monies required Si, It's all free except if taking a car on the track.

Look forward to seeing you there.

What time you planning on arriving?

Edited by esprit22

Look forward to meeting you at last Si.......if I get off my arse and find a place to stay!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer