Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is my Evora too expensive? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is my Evora too expensive?

Stuno1

1 hour ago, Cytoria said:

Hi, 

On the Silverstone website, your Evora is displayed right next to a blue one with the same options. Yours is currently 2500£ cheaper, but the other has 3,300 miles versus 20,000 miles and is a 2015 model versus your 2013.

Althought the other one is already reserved, I think it harms you. Once it disappears, your offer will have no comparison and will be more appealing.

Ahhh. That wasn't there when I listed mine. That is indeed a good price. Silverstone are continuing to get enquiries about my car. I have asked them to call me to negotiate a deal if someone likes. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-s-sports-racer-4-2013/7403823

This has been up for sale for a while at the same money too but of course IMHO Silverstone can ask a premium over a non franchised dealer

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

41 minutes ago, internets said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-s-sports-racer-4-2013/7403823

This has been up for sale for a while at the same money too but of course IMHO Silverstone can ask a premium over a non franchised dealer

Same car as I just listed above. Now reduced to £42k. 

54 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

That will sell quickly and I think is under priced looking at others on offer.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's been for sale for (nearly exactly) the same time as your's. 

If it does sell @ £42k, you'll at least know the current market value of your car. 

The car you listed has red seats with just under 10k miles, the PH link car has black seats and 14k miles

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Keeping a casual watch on the market, it seems to be famine or feast. I think we've come off the back of a famine, when prices increased and those in two-minds decided to sell at the stronger prices. 

• Like 1

How much are Silverstone charging for SOR? Must be £3k ish? How about trying to sell privately for what you would have returned via the SOR route? You have to take any goodies off as you're getting nothing for those. I might be interested in any bits you're selling off. 

Regarding the clutch, I agree with you about not changing it. What's the bite point like, is it high?

The bite point isn't high no. I really don't see it as an issue. 

Selling privately isn't something I want to do. It's serious hassle and Silverstone will offer a warranty as well. At this price point it will provide greater seller confidence.

If I go the webuyanycar route the exhaust will be coming off.

SOR is just under 2.5k.

Saw your car today. It looks good, but I am not a fan of white.

Bought my 2014 s KPS sports racer in Daytona with 23k miles from Silverstone in December for £41k so yours maybe a little high.

thats great stu, new owner is getting a lovely car...  you will be back, once commitments allow...

• Like 1