Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 350 or Sport 380 that is the question? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 350 or Sport 380 that is the question?

mycerbera

Another colour to add to my short list :)  Wonder if you can get the interior colour pack to match the exterior colour instead of the standard red interior hue... Guess it'll be £1800 for the body paint to start with being a non standard colour!

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

It certainly is, but I'm primitive enough and prefer just plain Solid Red. :blush:

And a fine choice it would be. I was seriously considering Ardent Red for my Cup as I love the bold contrast too, but given there was already a red Cup on the continent, I thought a leap of faith for something different would be worthwhile. 

I don't think you could ever be disappointed with solid red. 

3 minutes ago, mycerbera said:

Another colour to add to my short list :) Wonder if you can get the interior colour pack to match the exterior colour instead of the standard red interior hue... Guess it'll be £1800 for the body paint to start with being a non standard colour!

I think @rs200evo has said he's getting exactly that on the previous page. 

48 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

I don't think you could ever be disappointed with solid red. 

I am very happy with it actually - a bit blunt and unsophisticated, but very nice and bright. :)

Yip Lotus will match the interior accent colour to the exterior colour - I've seen it in person on this one at Murray Lotus in Edinburgh......Essex Blue on the one in the link but have seen it in other colours too.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-350-new/7377842

All this talk about speccing is driving me nuts (In a good way clearly) as I had hoped to have sold my Esprit S4s by now..... and deciding my own spec at this point.......but the no patience is the name of my game:(

Enjoyinb watching someone else enjoy the process though......:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Decisions Decisions lol...

many people on here taken up Lotus on the 50/50 2yr 0% finance deal? Any pitfalls with it? Seems too good to be true lol... They say they will sign up to purchasing it back for the remaining 50% balance after 2yrs should you struggle to find the balance at the time... However I'd be hoping a 2yr old Exige with 10k on it was worth a bit more than 50% as a dealer buy back!

Edited by mycerbera
  • Like 1

I did 50:50 on mine. And I got a deal on the price as well (noting that I gave most of it back on the paint job!). I was happy anyway. I'm not planning to sell my car anytime soon, so it's not a massive deal, but you can see on PH what a 2 or 3 year old V6 is worth (at a dealer - but I would sell mine through a dealer on SoR if I ever moved it on). That'll give you a pretty good idea on where a sport 350 is likely to be at the same age, sport 380 no doubt a bit more. I look at it like this - if you are buying a new car you are going to take the initial depreciation hit, it's a fact of life and the price you pay to spec a car from new and fart in the seat first. Alternatively, buy an older one and save some money (to spend on mods). 

• Like 2

Anyone know if it is possible to spec a different rear wing on a new Exige, for example spec a carbon Sport 380 wing on a Sport 350 from factory?

The 50/50 costs the dealers money, so if not taken another bit of discount to ask for. 

• Thanks 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Very much looking forward to hearing all your views on the Sport 350 to 380 swap "DJW" once you've spent some time getting to know it and how they compare day-to-day on the road!

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2017 at 20:28, mycerbera said:

Very much looking forward to hearing all your views on the Sport 350 to 380 swap "DJW" once you've spent some time getting to know it and how they compare day-to-day on the road!

@mycerbera here you go 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I'd kind of settled on a 350 but now I'm not sure Ahhhhh lol, this comparison test drive I've been promised can't come soon enough lol

• Haha 1