Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Malaysian GP 2017 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Malaysian GP 2017

carl12359

I did enjoy yesterday's Formula 1 race in Malaysia. The Sepang Circuit is wide enough to allow passing and I'll 

admit I'm a fan of 20 year old Max Verstappen. I really hope that a deal can be worked out to bring F1 back to

Malaysia in the future. The only thing that bothered me was the post race lap where Vettel and Stroll collided.

It looked to me that Vettel, trailing Stroll, had wandered too far left and was at fault because Stroll was about as far

over to the left as possible and would have had to put his car on the grass to avoid the collision. I only saw one camera

angle on the incident. Has anyone seen other footage showing what happened as I'd be very interested in another opinion.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed 50:50

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

On 02/10/2017 at 20:04, Advantage said:

other camera angles show Stroll turning right for the left hand corner.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11067518/sky-sports-f1-exclusive-new-footage-of-sebastian-vettel-lance-stroll-crash-released

Looks like he doesn't turn right at all but just held his line through the corner from his in car footage and Vettel just drifted into him.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Blame Vettel. Who cares really?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...

There's a conspiracy theory that, after Vettel's problems in practice, the team swapped his and Kimi's cars over which is why Kimi had his problem.  The  theory goes on to suggest that Vettel crashed on the slowing-down lap so it didn't have to go through scrutineering and have the deception discovered!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE