Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Press Fleet... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Press Fleet...

How is it we always seem to be using UK registered LHD cars in promo videos? Clearly this car is bound for the continent so why UK registered? Why not use a RHD car - it is a British company first and foremost after all....lovely car though!:)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because the journalists are more used to beibg bribed, I mean whisked away to exotic expensive locations were they drive on the wrong side of the road. Plus for the journos based in Europe and the US LHD is more natural for them so one less thing for them to whine, whine and carp on about. Havibg said that these same journos are usually less snobbish and more enthusiastic tothe Lotus than the UK journos who cannot seem to see past a Porsche!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

ahahah ... please don't put your honor in such small details :P ! but @C8RKH is right about the fact that most of the journalists are LHD natives, so it's easier ... and I guess you won't adopt the correct side of the road, now :ph34r: !

PS: video is now not available anymore  :angry: ... Brexit conspiracy :stuart: ?

Edited by French Frie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, French Frie said:

I guess you won't adopt the correct side of the road, now :ph34r: !

That's the main reason for Brexit. You guys just won't admit and change when it's clear you've got something wrong. Driving on the right is just sooo not right.

:P

• Haha 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• It's easier for UK drivers to drive a LHD than for a LHD driver to drive a RHD car. I agree with this, I have no problem driving LHD cars, no idea why this is! 
  • Lotus are British so obviously make RHD cars. Showing them in LHD clarifies that their cars come in LHD.
  • The cars will be doing a lot of work in mainland Europe over the next few weeks, obv LHD is easier for this.
  • The cars will more than likely be sold on to mainland European dealerships once their press duties are complete.
  • Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just now, Bibs said:
  • The cars will more than likely be sold on to mainland European dealerships once their press duties are complete.

yep...Marcassus is often offering LHD demo cars, still with their UK reg, for sale  !

All received, understood & noted - one thing though..... why would Lotus then choose RHD for the Motorsport Green Exige Sport 350 press promo car.....which incidentally is currently for sale on Pistonheads?

Perhaps a UK dealership said they'd have it before it was even added to the press fleet build slots. Without looking I'd guess B&C would have taken the car, they do sell an awful lot of Exiges :)

PS I've pulled these posts into their own topic, it's not really needed in the GT430 thread as it's not GT430 specific :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

6 hours ago, Bibs said:
  • It's easier for UK drivers to drive a LHD than for a LHD driver to drive a RHD car. I agree with this, I have no problem driving LHD cars, no idea why this is! 

Er, well, no shit Sherlock. Of course it is easier for us to adapt and progress. Natural selection means all the best people drive rhd cars. We are just better at adapting. :harhar:

The small print.