Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S3 Turbo Esprit Headlamp Relay - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S3 Turbo Esprit Headlamp Relay

Rick

Question

Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement headlight relay?

Had the drivers side stop popping up, swapped the relays over and the fault moved to the passenger side.

Opened up the relay and gave it a bit of a clean and seems to be working for now, but I still want to replace it to be on the safe side.

Lotus part number A079M6141F I think, but surely a fairly generic part?

IMG_20171023_170227.jpg

IMG_20171023_170220.jpg

'82 Turbo Esprit

5 answers to this question

Yes, a common 30A relay.  In the USA you can get these from any autoparts store.

Note that in the later cars, Lotus superseded the 30A relay shown with a 40A relay.  (Original part number starts with A on the 30A, B on the 40 amp)

If you wish to upgrade your relays, MrDangerUS has referenced a 60A relay with spike suppression, in this Topic:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/4044593-post175.html

++++++++++

PS, don't forget that a couple of the relays in the front compartment group are double-contact. Don't switch 'em.

http://tinyurl.com/ybzgnuxd

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 24/10/2017 at 08:40, Rick said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement headlight relay?

Which relays power the headlamp motor?

I would trade mine around to test, but both headlamp motors are not functional.

Relays are in the left hand front corner of the frunk, kind of stuffed into the fender well.

Don't trust my labeling, check the wire colors on yours. There's two types of relays, for different functions, changeover and dual output so replace like with like.

FrontRelaysSmall.jpg

• Like 1