Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bought Some New Wheels - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bought Some New Wheels

Loving the weather so much I went out and placed a deposit on my new baby. I think I'll call her Godzilla

Gentlemen and Ladies I give you the Yamaha MT-01. 1670cc of V Twin power in a 250kg bike. 150.1NM of Torque....thats over 600NM per ton. I fell in love instantly and despite it's

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude - there's also an azure blue S4s waiting for you!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Jesus, thats mind bending. Took a few seconds for the capacity to register, I mean I was thinking "670cc, strange numbers for a bike" then the "1" in front took on some significance!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Nice :)

Don't want to rain on your parade, but hope you did at least some insurance research BEFORE you bought it... otherwise I fear you might be in for one hell of a shock (assuming you've not owned/insured a bike for a while).

For some inexplicable reason, that bike reminds me of these guys :)

Village%20People%20-%20Macho%20man.jpg

:)

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

It's great isn't it! I agree it's radical and a mix of the Village People, Godzilla and the A10 Tank Buster, but it's just soooooooo..............ME!

I love the styling and after a quick Blapp it scared the pants off me....Perfect! To put the torque figures in perspective, I'll compere it to my Honda Accord Diesel which is THE most torquey 2.2 Diesel in it's class, Yahoo cars says this

"Youll know its a diesel when you put your foot down. The 340Nm of torque means that its the most torquey Honda engine currently available and it even puts the legendary NSX sportster in the shade". It does 0-60 in 9.2 for 1.5 ton of vehicle.

Now at 600NM per ton for the MT, The accord works out at approx 220NM per ton.

A recent report says that if it was legal, the MT could pull a caravan. What it also means is the most astounding overtaking speeds.

Of course I had to get a nice Matt Black Helmet and black leathers and boots, with the obligatory Black visor!

James, In regards to insurance,

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Nice one Kimbers.

I had to test one of those for a project last year. I took it to the airport to show the Mrs (she's a hostess) and parked up outside the staff entrance. It has to be said it certainly made an impact however not just with the mrs but also quite a few of her male colleagues ;-)

Any way - best of luck choosing the right leathers to go with it - you don't want to get that wrong!

btw - here's the sportier MT concept model "that lot" showed at last years Barcelona/Milano/Cologne show ( I forget which...)

http://fp.brynhils.plus.com/mtforum/aboutmt0S.htm

Now thats "pimp"!

post-1141-1176054291.jpg

• Gold FFM

Nice toy matey. I like!

Could have helped you out on black leathers for sports bike, but not that puppy - bought new two-piece (RST) last year, wore twice, (and SIDI boots) then sold bike. - Ebay soon I guess.

Not so much in the winter, but really miss bike when the weather is like this!!!! apart from the taist of flies :lol: (smiley with crash helmet on)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

All show, no go!

Now the Yamaha V-Max it was supposed to replace - that's a REAL bloke's bike...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

All show, no go!

Now the Yamaha V-Max it was supposed to replace - that's a REAL bloke's bike...

I think the bike you're thinking of is the Bulldog - where they used their 1100 cruiser engine in a funky naked design a bit like the MT-01. Problem there was not only a lack of power (journos said it was more of a schitsu(sp?) than a bulldog) but the header pipes touched down when leaning over - header pipes being in front of the CoG meant it lifted the front wheel off the ground at full lean :-/ - journos crashed 16 of the 20 bikes they had for the original launch. A tad embarrasing for the yamaha engineers to say the least....

And they are planning a Vmax replacement for the US market (it was on show at Daytona) its here on the right

http://www.vmax.co.uk/englishsite/history.htm

I still think the MT is cooler ;-)

Kimbers - I know it makes a nice noise straight out of the crate but are you planning on getting a louder set of pipes fitted? Now THAT will get some attention! ;-)

For some inexplicable reason, that bike reminds me of these guys :lol:

Village%20People%20-%20Macho%20man.jpg

:)

Well, He DOES like pink also........................

TWO WHEELS IS RIGHT, RIDE ON TONY ............

Mike

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

The down side to the race pipes is that I lose the rear seat as they get rather hot! My daughter will divorce me and my wife kill me....or is that the other way round.....if I do that. Sooooooo, knowing the guys at the shop they'll simply remove the baffles for me (apparantly they fall out if you disassemble the pipes).....you get great pops bangs and small explosions on run over!!

In regards to no go? I don't think we're talking about the same bike. It does run out of steam at 135mph but thats plenty enough on a naked bike.

So, which one of my track days are you doing? Cadwell is probably closest. Shall I book you a place? Reckon with that much torque, you'll have both wheels off the ground as you crest The Mountain. Which group, Novice/Intermediate/Advanced? :lol:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I love Cadwell but bust by shoulder highsiding it at the hairpin on my old ZXR750.

I also have a choice, pee all over the intermediates or look sad against the Advanced.....hmmmmm :lol:

doesnt matter about getting divorced does it???

as your now official GAY anyway (as you bought one of those bike things), another person i have to mow down on the road.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

doesnt matter about getting divorced does it???

as your now official GAY anyway (as you bought one of those bike things), another person i have to mow down on the road.

Karl - I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but not all bikers are gay you know....

(Although I'm not too sure about our man kimbers...)

:D

Edited by CharlieC

Gee thanks!

On the flip side Karl....Just another super car to embarrass for a much lower cost. Catch me if you can Mr Slow!!