Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Telemetry - Performance meters - Video Loggers - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Telemetry - Performance meters - Video Loggers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:18, Turbo911 said:

Demon Thieves .....  they quoted 8 days delivery but I'm in no rush might go to Donington on the 7th if it ever warms up ......

Have you ordered a suction mount for it?  Looking at the technical drawings on the AIM website, the Solo 2 DL should fit the old mount.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally figured out how to get RaceChrono to work with my OBDII and GoPro6. Tested it out on the road last week but need to fix a few things. 1) The camera settings since it got the exposure weird. 2) The sound, even though I had an external mic something was off

• Like 1

I'm sure GoPro's have an option for 'centre weighted metering' for the exposure. It's can't capture the dynamic range of dark inside and bright outside all at once so if you want to see the outside better, select that option.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

@Bibs Indeed. However,  doing a little reading up now the Spot meter function on Hero 5s and onwards has changed where you have to manually pick a point for it to expose to....maybe every time you power up!

@Arun_D Yep, it’s a right pain in the arse and you can only do it on the camera screen itself, not on the app. But when it’s working it’s excellent. And much cheaper than a Smartycam!

• Sad 1

I'll be keeping my Hero4 Silver a while longer then, @W31SSN !

I'm keen to add a bit more functionality to my vids (i.e data), maybe I'll look into linking Harry's Laptimer to my GoPro as @mcx mentioned.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I'm sure GoPro's have an option for 'centre weighted metering' for the exposure. It's can't capture the dynamic range of dark inside and bright outside all at once so if you want to see the outside better, select that option.

I thought it did, but it doesn't seem to have the option (or i can't find it), so next time I need to 1) clean the lens and 2) manually adjust exposure 

IIRC the Hero 4 was the last one with old school centre spot metering. The 5 and 6 now have touch selection of metering area. It can be auto or fixed exposure, but it doesn't survive power cycling, so you have to remember to set it each session. More flexible, but also more annoying.:clap:

13 minutes ago, MartynB said:

IIRC the Hero 4 was the last one with old school centre spot metering. The 5 and 6 now have touch selection of metering area. It can be auto or fixed exposure, but it doesn't survive power cycling, so you have to remember to set it each session. More flexible, but also more annoying.:clap:

hmmm i didn't even see that option when flipping through the menu. will double check again once i get home.

@mark248am If I remember correctly; hold down your finger on the back screen until a little box appears. That’s the area of the frame your camera will auto-expose to.  You can move the box around to any area of the frame by dragging it around to just by taping on a different area. You have the option to tell your camera to lock the exposure or auto-expose to that spot based on how bright or dark it will get.

12 hours ago, Arun_D said:

I'll be keeping my Hero4 Silver a while longer then, @W31SSN !

I'm keen to add a bit more functionality to my vids (i.e data), maybe I'll look into linking Harry's Laptimer to my GoPro as @mcx mentioned.

I found controlling the gopro easy enough with the phone and app. I struggled to combine the go pro vid with the data from the iphone.. tbf I didn’t spend very long trying... anyone got any tips for this? Maybe I’ll read the HLT manual.. ?

12 hours ago, mcx said:

I found controlling the gopro easy enough with the phone and app. I struggled to combine the go pro vid with the data from the iphone.. tbf I didn’t spend very long trying... anyone got any tips for this? Maybe I’ll read the HLT manual.. ?

iPhone or Andoird? Which GoPro do you have? Do you have an OBDII reader, if yes which one?

22 minutes ago, mark248am said:

iPhone or Andoird? Which GoPro do you have? Do you have an OBDII reader, if yes which one?

Thanks Mark, I took a look at the files I had on my Iphone and managed to export the video file with the go-pro as "cam 2".  I tried to upload a small clip here but had file size issues.

So I haven't tried it with Harry's since it doesn't support the GoPro 6, but with RaceChrono, it automatically initiates the gopro and starts recording the data.

When the video is separate from the data file, there is an option within RaceChrono to sync both up. When you're recording, are you iniating the video recording from within the Harry app or you shooting video alone and data alone?

So my first feedback with the gopro, vbox sport and harry : always complicated to get everything up and running; the vbox sport doest not work the whole day without power charge.
I need to improve my configuration :)

6 minutes ago, geartox said:

So my first feedback with the gopro, vbox sport and harry : always complicated to get everything up and running; the vbox sport doest not work the whole day without power charge.
I need to improve my configuration :)

aren't you using an OBDII adapter as well? 

On 02/03/2018 at 13:36, mark248am said:

So I haven't tried it with Harry's since it doesn't support the GoPro 6, but with RaceChrono, it automatically initiates the gopro and starts recording the data.

When the video is separate from the data file, there is an option within RaceChrono to sync both up. When you're recording, are you iniating the video recording from within the Harry app or you shooting video alone and data alone?

Yes the HLT starts the go pro remotely. There are functions within the app to overlay the data and go pro on top of the phone footage. Next time I’ll try using just the go pro, not the phone camera as Cam2 (the go pro) appears quite small when added. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/01/2018 at 09:35, alias23 said:

@geartox it’s still to be used on Magpie she’s currently in a state of undress and winter hibernation.

However I did test it out on my R26 Megane which I use as a daily and it worked well. It also looked pretty cool I have to admit light up on the dash!

Have you installed the vbox lap timer in Magpie yet?

from my side, the logging without more input (video, comment) is not really useful to improve. with phone app, you can sync video and the logging but, there is always something wrong in the configuration. so for the moment I stay like that, but next year maybe I will move to solo dl 2 with aim cam.

coaching is the best to improve driving skils, but combined with video and data logging it could be more efficient...