IGNORED

Ford Ka

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this you mean?

2394014_1_full.jpg

I drove one in the late 1990's. Had the seat right back and still couldn't get my size 10's around the pedals - either clutch and brake or brake and accelerator unless I minced about in the footwell. The problem was that the pedal bars all tapered together just above the pedals, and I kept hitting these with my toes - dunno if they fixed this on later cars - I just gave it back to its female owner and sought safety on the pavement :)

Isn't the Puma supposed to be a good drive? It looks a lot less like you've borrowed it, too :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

If you're thinking of buying a small car with power for little money ?

why not think about a Renault Clio Wiliams

nice little bomb

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Avril, my step mother, has got a yellow Ka. I hate it! Talk about being hit with the ugly stick! Still I agree on the handling. Like a go Kart

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Been in quite a few over recient years. Apart from being 'plastic' city inside and not a particularly good driving position for the larger driver, the actual drive itself is not bad for the money they go for. If you look at the number of these sold over the last decade, they are a popular buy - new and as a second hand car.

Cheap to buy, cheap to insure. Makes good sence for alot of people.

However, as you may actually be seen driving one - dark glass should come as standard. :lol::)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

What annoys me so much is that it has all the ingredients to be uttlerly rubbish - it's cheap, has a sewing machine for an engine, plasticy, ugly as hell and a Ford - yet it's absolutly hilarious to drive and stupidly controlable in the twisties, so cruel...

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

...It's only got a weedy 1.3l engine...

...it looks so gay...

...it's.....actually brilliant.

Cough, Cough, splutter, splutter (cornflakes all over the monitor), choke, gasp, wee.

Christ Jon, have some dignity will you please.

One of the guys i work with bought an MG TF (the rebadged MGF). I never let the subject

lie and went on about it endlessly. Eventually he sold the thing, and i like to think my endless

'are you cruising town in the Gay-GF tonight' comments helped him to retain his right to drink

pints and fart at the bar.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, and the effeminate styling of cars such as the Ka, new beetle,

new mini and the TT, make these cars the iconic style accessory that is much loved by gay men, girls

that cut hair, and recently divorced thirtysomething ladies. When a car is reffered to as being 'gay', the

word gay is not used as an insult (ie we are not calling the car 'sh*t'), but we are stating that it has the

fragrant, feminine, and pretty-before-performance qualities that make it the car of choice for the above

mentioned people.

My workmate tried telling me how comfortable and how nice the MGF was to drive, he even had the

nerve to ask me to drive it, in the thought that i'd change my mind. With the roof down he said it was

an excellent and cheap to run practical sports car. I'm not sure, but i think he adopted a 'I'm a little

teapot' stance when he said this.

It was last June, and very hot. I levelled this at him:

Skirts. We were there working away and sweating in out work trousers. Now skirts are for ladies (like

the TT, Beetle, Mini etc) so guys (apart from david beckham) don't wear skirts to work, because they

are for ladies and little girls. Now, on that hot june day, i said what if we both had skirts on now?

We would both be much cooler and much more comfortable, with cool breezy air rather than hot sweat

surrounding our respective tackle. I could not (and neither could he) argue that a skirt would not be more

comfortable and practical that day than trousers.

But i did not wear a skirt the next day, nor did i buy or be seen in a ford Ka.

Dignity Jon, thats the obstacle that stopped me wearing the more practical skirt,

and it's dignity that stopped me driving the MGF. While they both might well be

very 'nice', it's more important knowing who you are and for people not to see

you and assume you are something else entirely.

You big, big queen you.

:lol:

:lol: A well worded and eloquent response!

Anna used to have a Ford Ka (just sold it for a Focus TDCi) and it was alright, as you said Jon, handled quite well, and a nippy little thing (Given it's a 1.3). I won't be sorry to see it go though - the reason being that it is just so cheaply put together. It is the bottom of the Ford range, and boy does it show.

Apart from the typical plastic that you would expect on a car of that price, we also had a number of mechanical issues that you just wouldn't expect on a car of that age (53 plate) - The suspension went twice, the spark plugs/leads went 3 times and this was while it was serviced regularly at ford dealers! So overall, no I won't miss it.

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

On Autotrader now...

27000 Miles, VGC, Black, 12 months MOT, RCL, air-bag,

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

XR2i - K reg. 11282 Miles, Red, A/W, E/W, lowered shocks allround, induction-kit, full stainless steel Scorpion exhaust, 10mths MOT, Tax end March, stunning example of this car, very quick and reliable.
Edited by lemoncurd

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Paul thats 1 hell of a smokescreen !

TBH I hear people say the same thing about the Elise time after time, even someother Lotus drivers - my uncle said not the other day it was a hairdressers car (whilst looking at MX5's) - please.

Yet people in the know would go out and be seen in a Elan / Elise but not a TT / MGF / boxster etc. That cracks me up becuase the average Joe people their trying to look dignified to can't tell the difference anyways !!

Anyways I think the point now has been well and trully missed - I just know how Robin feels now when talking about the Metro :lol:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Yet people in the know would go out and be seen in a Elan / Elise but not a TT / MGF / boxster etc. That cracks me up becuase the average Joe people their trying to look dignified to can't tell the difference anyways !!

Too true, when out in the Elan I subconsciously don't shave for a few days beforehand in a vain bid to appear more manly...

I think the thing that niggles me with the Boxster, MGF, Mini etc. is that good/excellent cars though they may be they're designed to sell more on image than anything else. At least the Elan and Elise have a more defined purpose and weren't obviously pitched at the same market (although that doesn't mean they don't sell there and vica versa). Following that logic, those Elan/Elise/Boxster buyers who bought them for what they are don't care what Joe Public thinks :lol:

• Gold FFM

Fishy - I have 'the' Metro family living oposite my house - Mummy, Daddy, Son and Daughter are a four car family - all with individual Metros in various states and colors. :lol: Prescription drugs HAVE to be made available for this affliction. Sorry off topic.

Paul C - I spend aprox 12 hours a day in a new Mini. Does this mean I should get my hi-lights done and book myself in for a colonic? :)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I *know* my metro's a crap grannies' car - I just don't give a s**t! It has cost eff all all round barring a few suspension units and all in all I've been perfectly happy with it... I'm jsut kiling it slowly :( So it makes more sense to get something more suited for my driving style?! :D

Heather_pushing_steam_roller.JPG

dodgem01.jpg

I thought I'd get in there before you lot did - but that Dodgem-Car is AWESOME!!! I WANT ONE!!! :D

Can you imagine the look of panic on the face of anybody coming the other way in anything expensive?! :D

You'd get right of way for ever! lmao

I still think they look like Saabs! :P:D

dodgem1.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Paul C - I spend aprox 12 hours a day in a new Mini. Does this mean I

should get my hi-lights done and book myself in for a colonic? :D

I don't know what you do* during the 12 hours you spend in a new Mini,

But if it pays well then i guess a colonic and highlights might well be in

order, might be good for business too, what ever that is...

:D

I had two metros, did the job, nothing more nothing less.

They did rot very, very well though. My second one was only

three years old and i found filler when i attempted to fix what

i thought was it's 'first' rust. The metal wrapped around baked

beans is more durable by far...

(*i 'think' its driving instruction, i hope)

• 3 weeks later...

I've driven my mates GF's KA on several occasions and the nearest comparison I can make is that it's like a go-kart, lots of fun to be had.....shame about the special socket for plugging in your hairdryer though.....definitely not a mans car

I drive this though sometimes :(

DSCN2029.jpg

I don't know if I should go gay or be a pimp :X Or does the gray cancel something out :)

Anyway, I often display an affinity towards the effeminate in design and style and whatnot... B) I'll dare to say the Ka looks cute and cool and especially in pink, but it might be forbidden fruit(y) syndrome ;) If I needed an economy car (which I kinda do) I'd consider it. I must just be butch enough to pull it off, heh.

But in any case, the stigma with roadsters/gayness doesn't quite exist so much in the US it seems, maybe something like a Miata might be considered an especially gay car, but other roadsters (Elise, S2000, Z3, Boxter etc.) not so much... The TF I can see selling well here, especially to 40 year old men who had MGBs when they were younger, or 60 year old men who had MGBs when they were younger (my dad ie).

I managed to gay up a perfectly manly black Esprit with this :)

DSCN0696.jpg

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Definately erring on the side of Gay....with a capital GAY! :thumbsup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Definately erring on the side of Gay....with a capital GAY! :thumbsup:

Is your car GAY?

results

Gay car votes

1. Peugeot 207 (pictured above): 7155

2. BMW 3 Series Coupe: 3378

3. Jaguar XK: 2571

4. Honda Civic Hatch: 1776

5. Alfa Romeo 159

Or a more definitive source???

Edited by Alex --GT3--