Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back in a exige - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back in a exige

Turbo911

Hi everyone back in a exige after nearly 4 years, previous lotus was a RGB 260 s2 wish i still had it there going up in value all the time, anyways my new car 350 sport is going to become a regular used trackway toy so can anyone offer any advice on what if any upgrades are required for quick reliable lap times ?, i have the AP brake upgrade so will use out the original pads and prob go PFC and I'm already looking at 3way nitrons do i need to look into oil temps ect ??? cheers .. 

• Like 2

PFC is a good choice. I have the PFC brake disks provided by komotec on the front. On the rear I have the oem disks with PFC pads.

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Brakes/Brakesystem-Ko-Bra-4-Exige-S-V6.html

I'd only do (and am doing) harness bar and harnesses, towing eye and towing strap, proper alignment (it does eat the outer edges of the tyres with the standard settings) and, in the course of normal (more frequent than prescribed in the manual) maintenance, engine oil (300V 5W40), brake fluid (SRF), gearbox oil (Gear300), brake pads (better than DS2500), brake rotors (2-piece), TRD air filter, tyres (PSC2 or Trofeo R I guess, but there.is seemingly some more good options). Rest of the money can be spent on track time and tuition. If still too much money left - sell Sport 350 and buy Cup 430 (then start with the same question). ;-)

Edited by vd9
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up guys, allready decided on harness bar and harnesses, Pfc pads and a track based geo set up TRD filter also looking at the  nitrons, I have the AP brakes with 2part disks probably Gona  go for gearbox oil cooler too and then build on from there and see how the power feels, not been in a rear wheel drive on track for a while but have fair bit of experience from racing saloons..

as it is an IPS,  there's already an gearbox oil cooler :ph34r: ... But you can (should ?) upgrade to synth oil and do regular gearbox oil change ! I use Motul ATF VI, but don't do many trackdays ...

PS: BTW, shorter gear ratios would be beneficial for IPS, as 5 and 6th are very loooong, but, AFAIK,  it hasn't be offered by anyone yet...

update, the Scroth harnesses are in the TRD filter is in the front tow eye is in, not bad as its still only got 65 dry miles on the clock, and the bloody wife is insisting on buying me some 3 way nitrons for xmas bloody women !!!!, i was contemplating doing donington this thursday but feel i need a few more miles under the bonnet as i know i will soon get bored of pooling around and donington is mega when your really on it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2017 at 18:47, Turbo911 said:

update, the Scroth harnesses are in the TRD filter is in the front tow eye is in, not bad as its still only got 65 dry miles on the clock, and the bloody wife is insisting on buying me some 3 way nitrons for xmas bloody women !!!!, i was contemplating doing donington this thursday but feel i need a few more miles under the bonnet as i know i will soon get bored of pooling around and donington is mega when your really on it :)

I have a set of our three ways for a V6 in stock

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/nitron-ntr-46-race-pro-3-way

I was going to say enjoy the car stock first but it looks like you're way past that already!

41 minutes ago, Turbo911 said:

Hi Dave, already bought the above kit from you will be going with the nitrons but might as well try to get some miles on her before i purchase  bloody weather is stopping that at the mo....

Keep any eye open for a possible Christmas discount code!!!!!!

23 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Is the trd filter worth doing? What’s the benefit over the oem filter?

Dunno, it probably breathes a bit better and sounds a bit better from induction noise but i haven't driven mine since i fitted as the roads are covered in shite salty stuff 

Update on my ownership of my Exige, i have agreed a deal with Hanger111 and if the weather here ever improves and i can put some mileage on her its going to H111 mid _ late Jan for the track upgrades KT 390 kit plus carbon airbox, Brake pad upgrade, Nitron shocks, Set up, ect ect, Looking forward to the new year :zorro:

• Like 1

I will follow your experience, to know how much power it will deliver with KT390 and KT airbox, combined with IPS gearbox ! hope you'll put  your car on a dyno ... You should end up with 400bhp, and I assume it's the best config before TCU starts to "eat" bhps !

23 minutes ago, French Frie said:

I will follow your experience, to know how much power it will deliver with KT390 and KT airbox, combined with IPS gearbox ! hope you'll put  your car on a dyno ... You should end up with 400bhp, and I assume it's the best config before TCU starts to "eat" bhps !

Thanks Olivier - I was thinking of your spec when advising Darren on his upgrade path.

Dave

thanks Dave ... I must say once again that EX370 kit is the best value for money, adding half end power and a really more lively engine, and making induction noise and autoblip addictive ! I did a charity event recently, and I was said by people who went in a 350 Sport and in my Roadster that the  feeling difference was huge ... I sometimes forget it !

I nonetheless will probably go the EX390 route this winter, because I enjoy the full flow exhaust idea (and don't want to end with potential blown cats) , but I know the ratio gain for about 25 more bhp would not be as efficient  ! 

I fitted 2 months ago the ex 390 kit on my V6 IPS. The quality of the kit is excellent and the service of komotec is fantastic. 

Regarding the kit I can only say.... Why I didn't install it immediately after the purchase of the car ?

Sound amazing, better response of the throttle, more torque and less heat accumulated in the engine bay.

You feel the car is alive now.

• Like 1

Me too Darren....you’re not alone. Bought mine 2 weeks ago and haven’t driven it further than off the delivery truck and into the garage......now in Spain but hoping when I get back, I’ll get a chance to at least drive it round the street. Can’t see me taxing it until at least March - some things you’ve got to build up the excitement for.....no point rushing now is there?B-)

• 4 weeks later...