Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Message Options - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Message Options

wiseraven

Is it possible to configure the messaging so that the save-a-copy and track-this-message options are set by default?

I've searched to see if this has been asked before, and I've looked around all of the options I could find, but drew a blank. This probably means either it's not possible, or it's so ridiculously, embarrasingly obvious that I don't stand a chance of spotting it (the "I can't find the 'any' key" syndrome).

I usually remember to set these about 2.7 nanoseconds after clicking the send button :D I've found that shouting "woa! woa! woa!" at the screen doesn't help much. I've tried using other words too (a la 4 Weddings opening scene), to no avail.

If the options are on by default, I can always delete unwanted copies from the sent items folder, and I can stop tracking any inadvertently tracked messages, but the converse is not possible. Also, I've had a few PMs go astray when I clicked send. The only way I can tell if they were actually sent is if they're tracked, and it's not fair on the recipient to send them a "did you get my last PM?" type message.

TIA,

Phil

More speed, less haste

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll look into it Phil.

With regards to checking if a message has been sent - If it's in your sent items it's gone to the recipient. If not, then no.

I'll be back with the other answers once I've pressed some buttons and broken some stuff :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

while we are on the subject of messaging, is there any way to send the same pm to many people in one go? ie all the nmeg regulars

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Howard,

For the same reason, I too have hunted for that button. Couldn't find it though. Does it exist Mr Bibs?

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

no I only get a single box for one name

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Ooh! I see it now. I'm pretty sure we used to have that when I first signed up though.

What I can't understand is why you have drawn a spritting potato on your screenshot Bibs. :D

More speed, less haste

Ooh! I see it now. I'm pretty sure we used to have that when I first signed up though.

What I can't understand is why you have drawn a spritting potato on your screenshot Bibs. :D

Hi Phil,

can you cope with inserting your member??? Try combining with saying woa! woa! oooh!

See below

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Thanks Bibs, you backmarker and oneshot should get a test pm from me

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yep got the cc and also see that I now that option too.

Thanks for including me as a friend Bibs. :D

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Thanks for your effort Bibs but I'm not getting it. I tried logging out & back in again just in case, but still nothing.

Don't go to too much more trouble. I wouldn't like to think I was keeping you from the love of your life :D

For your efforts, I'll see you don't get thirsty at Castle Combe (providing I can swing it with the bank manager :D)

More speed, less haste

It's only on the LEF default skin at present (the grey one!) I'll do the file edits to get it working on the others tomorrow :D

I had to do a number of large edits to quiet a few files and then move onto the skins. I did the most popular one as my eyes were square! :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It's only on the LEF default skin at present (the grey one!) I'll do the file edits to get it working on the others tomorrow :D

I had to do a number of large edits to quiet a few files and then move onto the skins. I did the most popular one as my eyes were square! :D

So do some members use slightly differnet skins at the moment? Is is the skin thats the shell for the different options for users?

Put a health warning . Running forums can do this to your eyes!

square_eyes.gif

Are you using the default skin?

No, I'm using the sexy JPS theme. Trust me to be the awkward sod! I didn't realise the skin was more than the cosmetic bits.

I can confirm the options are there for the LEF default. I've just turned them on using the default skin, switched back to JPS and the options take effect, so I'm a happy bunny.

Cheers Bibs, nice hacking.

More speed, less haste

So do some members use slightly differnet skins at the moment? Is is the skin thats the shell for the different options for users?

You can switch skins easily Alex. At the bottom left of the page, in the panel with the LEF & EFF buttons, you'll see a control that normally says LEF Default. If you pop that open, you'll see a choice of two others. I'm using the LEF Black & Gold.

Bibs: while you're editing the JPS theme, could you find a use for this: post-2900-1176332995.gif

(I've never used attachments before, so if it didn't work, I'll try again)

More speed, less haste