Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Autographs/signatures - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Autographs/signatures

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Collected alot of these over the years.

Went to a black tie do last weekend where Alan Ball (of 66 World Cup fame) was one of the speakers. He brought with him a photo of the 66 team, framed and signed by each player (except Bobby Moore) and it didn't even make the researve price so wasn't sold.

I was quite surprized as this sort of sporting memoribility will only increase in value in the future although one signiture missing (and prob the most important) affected its value.

1 - Anybody got any interesting or unusual signatures?

2 - What/whos autograph would you have liked but never got?

Answer to question 2 from me - Colin Chapman

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Ayrton Sennas autograph on a A0 size poster from when I was working at the Willimas factory in Didcot....

Its a official factory print of Senna and Hill with the new car & Engine for the season. He signed some stuff for some of the guys in the factory and they gave it to me as a present when I left. Was there for 3 weeks work experience when I was in college....

Never got to meet him but it was only weeks after his death.... :thumbup: saddest motoring moment in my life, I idolised that guy from a very young age. Wish I get to meet him, just the once...... got so close.....

Simon

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Wow - nice one Simon. Thats another one that I would have loved to get. Just a tad jellious with that one! :thumbup:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I have a program from Lollapalooza '96 that is autographed by three members of Metallica. I don't really want it -- should probably put it on eBay . . .

Also have Mario and Michael Andretti's together on the visor of a hat . . .

I also have Giorgetto Giugiaro's autograph a few times . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

How random is this?

I have Sir Issac Pitman's autograph, he's the guy that invented shorthand i believe...

Sold a lot of band autographed stuff on Ebay, suprisingly it did not up the value that much,

but none of it was beatles etc. Have one of metallicas guitar picks that i caught at a gig, looked

at them on the 'bay and found there is a huge trade and they are very cheap.

I've been randomly collecting Lotus F1 signed stuff for years,mostly just to dress up my study at home.Also got a lot of Hakkinen stuff Have a rear wing rend plate from Mikas 107 that he signed for me.

Probably the nicest thing is an original oil of Jim Clarkes 1965 Indy winning Type 38 signed by Jim Clarke,Colin Chapman and the type 38 designer.Also have a similar print signed by Andretti who finshed third.

Oh and the wife got her uncle to get me a model Enzo signed bY Shoemaker and BarryKELLO at the British GP a few years ago.Whoever they are !!?

Values are difficult with these things as provinance is everything.I learnt the hard way with a Rindt signature that it is very easy for anyone to pick up a pen and fake this stuff.

I wouldnt say I was in the the signature thing by its just part of my love of all things Lotus.My uncle had a Lotus dealership in the 70's when the Elite Eclat etc were launched and the love has grown from there.

Rich

Sport350

Louise has got Gene Kranz's (spelling?) auotgraph of the Apollo launches fame, but the most bizzare one that happened to me was being asked by some 12 year old lad at the Festival of Speed to sign his programme! I'd just returned to the paddock after driving up the hill in the 'Supercar Run'.

No idea who he thought I was - some famous, good looking, superspy/popidol/sports personality I suppose. :thumbup:

I have the signitures of the whole Ill fated 1972 Lola Le Mans team on 3 postcards , which I got as a 13 year old car mad kid.

Unfortunately, Jo Bonnier was killed in this car at Le Mans that year so it was a sad occasion for me and the rest of the team members.

Besides Jo Bonniers signiture, there is also Gerald Larousses (he later ran his own Larousse-Lamborghini F1 team.)

These cards are my oldest personal possesions, so they mean alot to me.

BonnierLola.jpg

BonnierLola1.jpg

Bonnier2.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

My Dad opened one of the first ever Indian Restaurants in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne back in the 60s so he got a load from various people over the years. Memorable ones I got myself were,

Muhammad Ali (met him too!)

Cozy Powell (autographed his drum stick for me)

Ronnie James Dio

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I met Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan in 1983 in Cannes when they were filming an episode of Remington Steele. :thumbup:

Steph signed on a bank receipt that I got and Pierce put his name on the 2nd page of a book that I was reading at that time: "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"

Might be worth something ;)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I met Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan in 1983 in Cannes when they were filming an episode of Remington Steele. ;)

Steph signed on a bank receipt that I got and Pierce put his name on the 2nd page of a book that I was reading at that time: "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"

Might be worth something :thumbup:

O.K. - how much for the book - I want it :pizza:

'76 Lotus Esprit S1 - Monaco White ...

One during an f1 test in Silverstone I was with my brother and Juan Montoya so took advantage on the pass this was in 1998 and got a f1 book signed by all the drivers on the top 5 teams

One during an f1 test in Silverstone I was with my brother and Juan Montoya so took advantage on the pass this was in 1998 and got a f1 book signed by all the drivers on the top 5 teams

I was thees, too. My daughter turned into a crazed autograph hunter. Something she had never done before and has never done since. She ran around the paddock from garage to garage and got her Minardi) T-shirt signed by all the drivers except Eddie Irvine who could not lower himself to speak to the fans unlike Johnny Herbert who dived back into the Ford hospitality unit to get a pen. Wife, daughter and son got shown around the Ferrari garage and shown Michael Schumacher's mobile gym. To top it all, they each got a baseball cap signed by Michael.

I can't be trusted with autographs. I had Colin Chapman's autograph on an Esprit sales leaflet from the motor show where it was released, but I lost it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM
I was thees, too. My daughter turned into a crazed autograph hunter. Something she had never done before and has never done since. She ran around the paddock from garage to garage and got her Minardi) T-shirt signed by all the drivers except Eddie Irvine who could not lower himself to speak to the fans unlike Johnny Herbert who dived back into the Ford hospitality unit to get a pen. Wife, daughter and son got shown around the Ferrari garage and shown Michael Schumacher's mobile gym. To top it all, they each got a baseball cap signed by Michael.

I can't be trusted with autographs. I had Colin Chapman's autograph on an Esprit sales leaflet from the motor show where it was released, but I lost it.

Lost Colin Chapmans autograph :)

Trevor - I've heard exactly the same from others regarding both Johnny Herbert (very aproachable and all round nice guy) and Eddie Irvine.

Yes, I know.

Once, at Monza, there was a parade of Ferraris on the track. They were lined up at the end of the pitlane and Schumacher and Irvine were due to drive one each of them. As usual, the Minardi garage was at the end of the pitlane as well. When they came to go through the garage to go to the parade cars, Michael waited for permission to come through the garage while Irvine hust walked through like he owned it. No wonder Senna thumped him.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I've got Stirling Moss's autograph on a model of his 1955 Mile Miglia winning Merc 300SLR, and the autograph I would most like to have or have got, has to be the king of cool Steve Mcqueen

O.K. - how much for the book - I want it :rant:

:) No way!

But wait, what am I saying.... :geek: just thell me when your car is completed and ready for shipment... :D

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I started buying autographs on Ebay once. I got hold a Steve McQueen that wasnt cheap, but discovered it was a fake (the paper it was on was not produced until more than ten years after he died). I got my money back but stopped after that.

Some I have :-

Jimmy Greaves

James Garner

Frank Bruno

Sarah Michelle Geller

I have several pics with me and some country music stars, from when I owned the clubs. The best pic I have is Drea De Mateo and myself enjoying drinks. She was dating Shooter Jennings at the time. But I have baseballs with Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr., Pudge, and Albert Bell. Albert Bell does'nt sign auotgraphs, he just flips you off, but I knew an umpire. I also have a Chevy Chase on a "Caddy Shack" movie poster. I have a George Bush but its just and X.