Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2bular Road - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2bular Road

DJV83

Hi, 

I got a response from Jim just before Christmas asking me when I need the exhaust for, I responded but haven't heard anything since. I left it over the Christmas holiday before chasing and still haven't heard back. Should I be offended or is this normal for him? 

Thanks

Dave 

• Haha 1

Don’t get the road version if you’re planning to track the car. The exhaust valve on mine failed after just one track day. Follow Jim’s recommendation and get the track version if you’re planning on doing any tracking with the car.

5 hours ago, DJV83 said:

Thanks to whoever nudged Jim for me, he emailed me today and advised he can post mine next week. Excited is an understatement :-) 

Thanks

Dave 

Well, how many times to how many people has he said that before ... Good for you if it really happens, but I doubt about it .. 

• Like 1

This is a track system I got from Jim last year.

He did me an extra small silencer in the link pipe for very strict tracks. Also got a plain link pipe that I use normally.

The noise level, as you would expect, is between a factory system with the valve closed and open. Bit of a deeper tone.

It hasn’t been noise tested yet so don’t know any actual dB levels. It was fine at Zandvoort but they’re not too strict there.

1E39C0BF-7241-49BB-8CD9-218D8CA6F6AD.thumb.jpeg.3e3c2768cbf0bc7ed04957e83766d552.jpeg

He also did me these add-on tips that should knock a couple more dBs off. (I know they’re ugly but might help somewhere if the noise testing man sees me making an effort!)

4F95DF61-7E8F-432F-8C3D-1DBAB66B8E82.thumb.jpeg.0c11dded601fd42f1992aeac3006d914.jpeg

As others have said, be patient and give him a nudge occasionally, you won’t be disappointed.

Edited by KJD
  • Like 1

From Lotus:

Your warranty will not be invalidated if you fit a non-Lotus exhaust, however, Lotus cannot be held liable should issues occur that can be attributed to the fitting of an after market exhaust. For example, if the car were to start having engine management issues, we would insist the the O.E. part was re-fitted at your own cost, before we would assist with any diagnosis or repair costs.

I've had experience of this with my S2 exige RGB, i had full 2bular system fitted and remap by at the time someone in Essex who were the only ones who could get into the ecu, the car ended up making less power than standard and the AFR was reporting seriously lean so my local motorsport garage messed and messed and messed in the end i had no choice and spoke with lotus direct who instructed me to put back to standard (original exhaust) and bring it to Hethel which i did and they complete sorted it out FOC, i had to pay for a new ecu but the car was 100% afterwards fair play to them they also did few  jobs they said it needed,  Good people to deal with, oh nearly forgot the replaced the clutch FOC too even tho i had used LC a few times....

• Like 1

Quick interim post before I get a full review up with videos. Had the 2bular fitted on Saturday and it's absolutely amazing the noise it generates! It's not just loud, it sounds good with it. The car should sound like this from the factory IMO. 

Videos coming soon... and for anyone thinking of buying one, do it! You won't regret it. 

Dave