Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise 140 and Exige IPS to be discontinued? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise 140 and Exige IPS to be discontinued?

Arregueti

Apparently the Elise 140 and the (formerly known as) "IPS" versions of the Exige350 and 380 will be discontinued shortly. At least that is what one of the leading European dealers claim. Is this official?

Due to low sales, I guess. But will the Elise 220 be the sole proposition?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks. I was hoping there might be something else coming instead but it is unlikely they will invest in a new power plant for this gen Elise. It is a bit sad to see the basic Elise go, but I guess it is the sign of the times.

I really hope they will manage to propose (and sell) an affordable “basic” sports car in the future line up.

Has anyone compared the Auto on the 350 and an Evora 400 ?  I had the latter and it was miles ahead of the Exige V6S IPS I tried, in terms of speed of gearchange measured from time of paddle pull to gears changing,  

I find it absolutely baffling why the Exige didn’t get the 400 Auto gearchange . I would have bought one and know plenty other people who want their sports cars with flappy paddles.  Lost opportunity me thinks. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I would agree with that. The single reason I got a manual (in this case Evora) was that the auto looses the LSD and I would rather have LSD than auto despite being a die hard PDK fan. Would have been superb to have both in an Evora and its a real shame they cant do it for whatever reason.