Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sooty The Yellow Exige 350 Sport - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sooty The Yellow Exige 350 Sport

DT 350

16 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

Yes that was the purchase! Sorry it’s not that exciting ?

It’s exciting enough, soft top conversion makes the car as far as I’m concerned. Has your car already got the slots cut? If not, are you brave enough to do it yourself? ??

8 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

It’s exciting enough, soft top conversion makes the car as far as I’m concerned. Has your car already got the slots cut? If not, are you brave enough to do it yourself? ??

Yes it already has the slots cut out. If it didn't I'd just do it myself anyways. 

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

the rear slots were already cut out??

Yes, I noticed this when viewing the car.  A couple of the cars I went to view also had these already cut out, I assumed they must have done it from factory after a certain date.

10 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

Yes, I noticed this when viewing the car.  A couple of the cars I went to view also had these already cut out, I assumed they must have done it from factory after a certain date.

Don’t think they’re done at the factory!

40 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

28 minutes ago, 2GOOD said:

Don’t think they’re done at the factory!

They're not done at the factory, the dealer does it normally.

9 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

Can anyone tell me which side should the boot release be on? As one car I test drove had it on the driver side but my car has it on the passenger side. 

It is on the passenger side for the 350, 380 and 430. Exige S had it the other side, or it was just a change around the same time. All the 17 and 18 cars has it on the pass side

Passenger side. Make sure you get the “upgrade” fitted to the handle if it’s not already been done as they snap.

cheers

5 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Passenger side. Make sure you get the “upgrade” fitted to the handle if it’s not already been done as they snap.

cheers

Can you please expand on this “upgrade” as mine does feel a bit flimsy. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NevB said:

hard even for an Exige to get the tires up to temp in those conditions!

The conditions weren't actually too bad, mostly snow drift. I didn't venture out today though. 

9 hours ago, chumaxa said:

A bit of a stupid question here, but would not be advisable to cover the engine at least for sitting snow with those freezing temp ? Just asking ok ^^ 

Not really as it's only H20. won't do any damage to the engine just means i'll have to give it a good clean once the snow p**ses off!

New microfibres and yes of course they had to be Yellow ?

Had to adjust my linkage, as I was having an issues selecting 1st & 2nd gears. It seems easier now but I need to test it on a brisk drive. You can see how much I’ve have to move the locator to allow a smooth transition between 1st & 2nd. 

61E15E0D-25C2-4AC3-8046-AF2B41BEAFF4.jpeg

D6BC49FC-A971-4080-BAEA-FAB4708ED050.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

Wait I have this issue, going into first gear requires a hard push, how did you fix it?

I've still find that it won't go into first unless your pretty much coming to a stop, which is taking some getting use to, I think second gear would be too slow to pull away in at sub 5mph, I assume it's a safety measure to stop you going into first at a higher speed. 

But the issue changing from first to second seems to be resolved. It's easy to do and only took 5 mins. With a 4mm Allen key fitted to a long screw driver loosed the visible bolt, until the adjustable plate becomes loose, mine was a bit sticky as it was obviously over tightened from factory. With the plate still looses try changing gear (with the engine off!) when you feel the change is smooth tighten the bolt back up, It took me a couple of attempts. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1