Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New 410 musings - Ex Cayman - Page 16 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New 410 musings - Ex Cayman

jonnyboy

I've just popped onto the komotec link jonnyboy posted.

They claim vmax in 2nd (at 7200rpm) with their reduced final drive kit drops from 121.65kph ( 76.03mph) to 113.07kph ( 70.67mph).

I think the 85mph figure quoted above is wrong. Unless your speedo is reading a mile out jonnyboy (not being sarcastic).

Edited by mik

Forgot to say - fitting a 285/25/20 in place of a 285/30/20 would drop your gearing by approx 4.2%.  Michelin make PS4S in this size. You'd need to drop the front tyre aspect ratio similarly to stop the ESP/ABS from going nuts of course.

23 minutes ago, mik said:

You'd need to drop the front tyre aspect ratio similarly to stop the ESP/ABS from going nuts of course.

[Slight thread drift] Not necessarily, you won’t. On my Evora, I regularly change my 19/20” road wheels with 18/18” track wheels. The ESP/ABS manages just fine.[/Slight thread drift]

Ok - real world experience beats theory 😁

What sizes out of interest? Oem sizes have front wheels rotating around 4% faster than rears - so long as you maintain roughly the same it should all be well.

If your car currently pulls 85mph in 2nd, the Komotec final drive will only reduce that to 79mph.

Does your car have nav? Have you checked the speedo vs GPS? Or use something like Waze on your phone.

12 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

"Either way it's geared too long and there's a bit of kit there that will deal with it for those brave enough so there we go"

I dont know if I missed something, but wouldn't the easy way to lower the gearing is change to 18" wheels & tyres ?

Another TLF member did this, with E400 brake set-up to take advantage of track bias tyres.  Depending on the wheels chosen, the unsprung mass could reduce too

Edited by Cain-it

If anyone has any questions etc about the kits, just give me a shout, and I will try to help.  If you post something for me in the thread, please tag me in, as I don't have time to read everything and sometimes miss things.

I have driven a couple of cars with the EV4-460 kit and the close ratio, but not in the same vehicle.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear! And also see a much more 'positive' post mate! Hope it all gets sorted. 

Don't let the 'crap' wear you down from what is an exceptional car :>) 

Ha I'm aware the general tone of this thread could at times feel negative but it's always a true representation of what's going on. Today was a really positive day. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time having a nose round when we go pick it up. 

• Like 1

No argument with that jonny.

I don’t think you can be surprised at others being confused that your car does 10mph more than any other Evora in 2nd though. It’s not a dig mate - something weird is going on.