Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1 Bar of Fuel = ? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1 Bar of Fuel = ?

alias23

Anyone know what one bar of fuel on the fuel gauge is equal to in litres/gallons?

Just had a weigh in, the car had just tipped to four bars of petrol. So trying to work out how many litres and as such fuel weight is included in my weight. Thanks 

www.alias23.com

It’s six bars isn’t it? So approx 6.6 litres per bar if all was equal. Squeezed 30 litres into mine yesterday when two bars were still showing & the last two litres took a bit of time

1 hour ago, 2GOOD said:

It’s six bars isn’t it? So approx 6.6 litres per bar if all was equal. Squeezed 30 litres into mine yesterday when two bars were still showing & the last two litres took a bit of time

The top half of the standard tank definitely seems to last longer though...

2 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

The scale of the sender/gauge isn't linear, The reading is a guide.

As said earlier in this thread top up the tank and then work out what was left in the tank when the car was on the scales.....

Just now, Seriouslylotus said:

The scale of the sender/gauge isn't linear, The reading is a guide.

As said earlier in this thread top up the tank and then work out what was left in the tank when the car was on the scales.....

Bollox should have done that yesterday before I left HPE grrr

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Had a pro-alloy 48 litre tank in my Vauxhall VXR220, went off the bottom of the gauge a couple of times without actually running out! Did a very nervous 10 or so miles up Warwick way once trying to find a fuel station, in traffic too. Haven’t tried pushing an Exige V6 on my own yet...

the tank holds just over 40.44 ltrs - i know this as Mr Pittard very nearly ran my car out of fuel at silverstone and we had the fuel surge pop en route to filling up. 

When you run it back down - take away the fill up from 40.5 and that should be nigh on perfect. 

IMG_1469.thumb.jpg.2ed022e603ad3d7936dfe7abd3c6ef10.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BatMobile said:

the tank holds just over 40.44 ltrs

This is not exactly the case - fuel tank holds 43.5l according to Lotus service manual and it matches with my observations having filled >40l a good number of times so far. :blush:

36 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

there was no need to panic slightly

You can still stall on the track due to g-forces moving the fuel - I'd not fill comfortable with less than two bars. For normal driving not a problem at all. :)

1 hour ago, philcool said:

Connect an OBD2 reader and it will give you a percentage fuel reading and work it out from there

Least it does on my s2

Yes you can get a percentage but its no more accurate than the dash gauge, it gets its info from the same tank sensor.....

I understand that Just thought that if your going to use the tank sender unit however accurate and calibrated it may be a percentage reading would be more usefull than say two and a bit bars