Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top 10 Tips To Survive Nurburgring from RSR - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top 10 Tips To Survive Nurburgring from RSR

Bibs

The one video that everyone that intends to drive the 'Ring should watch at least once. From simple information like where you buy your lap tickets and what to do in case of an accident to more complicated matters like how to handle overtaking and what to do when encountering yellow lights.

Combining the years of experience RSRNurburg has getting people safely around the Green Hell, we tried to answer some of the most common questions we get and at the same time address some of the common problems we see daily during public sessions. May this video serve as a reminder that the easiest way to make the 'Ring a safer place is to educate ourselves and respect each other on and off the track.

For more information visit www.RSRNurburg.com 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 years later...

After having driven/ridden a lot of tracks over the years, I can safely say that the ring is in a different league in terms of buttock clenching greasy palms action.

Managed a 9’45” lap in my Mini a few years ago, but touristfahrten days are not for the faint hearted. I remember reading somewhere than Jenson Button said he’d never do one as the idea terrified him - well the reality is spot on and he’s a wise man.

It’s the mixture of traffic on track with wildly varying speeds - from LM specced GT3 race cars, to superbikes and then random grandad out in his Passat estate - all on the hardest track to learn in the world (by a factor of about 10) with surface and camber changes and no idea what’s round the next corner half the time. 

The blind lip at Schwedenkreuz which you take flat at 130mph+ with a high speed left just after it is a particularly brown pants moment.

FD991C3D-9631-4204-80AD-FC3781FC26FD.jpeg

2BB17A5C-3761-4796-BE63-DB011305B7A8.jpeg

Edited by jerzybondov

That crash is gnarly!!

I was informed by a 300+ lapper who rode with me that if you want to take it flat ‘safely’ then there’s a very particular line from the mid left of the track over the lip diagonally to end up on the right. But f*** me it takes some balls!