Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Government Petition - Older Vehicles - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Government Petition - Older Vehicles

There are a couple of petitions on the 10 Downing Street E-petition site that are worth supporting.

Seemingly, the EC are considering bringing in a law to ban cars over 10 years ald and Edinburgh City Council are considering banning cars over 15 yrs old from the city.

Also when free raod tax was introduced for pre-73 cars, the original intention was to increment the qualifying date annually. Needless to say this was never done.

There is a petition to encourage the Gov't to extend the exemption date at : http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/historiccartax/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots - yes, let's just remove the remaining pride of the British car industry. Have to go abroad to see an E-Type :X

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

PMSL on one hand they say we need to recycle and not buy new cars, then this.......

Is this for real ? Can't fnd it on ze web anywhere. I personally think they should ban politicians becuase they use too much CO2 talking, same with them annoying joggers (esp when the jog on the spot kicking their legs back and flapping their arms down by their side hahaha) and heath fitness rooms as well - way too much CO2 being produced there.

Has the moron thing spread to Australia yet ? I heard Aus is good, drive on the right side too.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I read that Germany has decided to allow classic cars into the Umwelt areas into which modern car access is restricted. I think the thinking was that classic cars are driven so few miles that their emissions don't matter.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

4500 signatures? I can't say I'm concerned - it won't even be a blip on the radar of the powers that be - that equates to roughly 7 people per constituency!

Not exactly an election "deal-breaker!"

I do worry about the Edinburgh Council one though as councils can do whatever the feck they like along those lines... ;)

Like the poxy Richmond Council using the class war attitude against 4x4s to divide and conquer... each of these absurd moves alas sets a precedent and breaks ground for the otherwise more timid councils to follow suit once they see the others

"getting away with it" :X

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

The date for historic status, has 3 petitions on the go on the first page alone, the one already posted and these ones.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/classiccars/

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ClassicRoadTax/

Then

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/keep-pre73s/

And KIMBERS, you might want to look at htis one, doesn't impact you riding on the road, but what about dirt track/ scrambling etc?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Off-Road/

Andy

Off Road Vehicles Bill is a Private Member's Bill and iirc alrready dead in the water. The Govt have made no sounds as yet to 'adopting' it for themselves.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Andy, that last one goes far beyond dirt track & scrambling etc.

Effectively, it would mean that every bike in the UK will need to be fully road legal. So it'll kill almost all bike racing in the UK. Moreover every bike exhibit in every collection/museum would also have to be fully road legal, whether or not there is any intention of it ever being used on a public highway.

It's aim... simply to clamp down on mini motos. Sledgehammer/walnut anyone? Complete and utter madness :D

But my understanding is that it's a Private Members' Bill and, as such, is most unlikely to ever see the light of day. Is that correct Fishy?

Edit - he's beaten me to it :D

Edited by Tentenths

Actually - it wouldn't mean they would have to be road legal....

It would have meant they needed to be registered and then licensed though (presumably with an obviously different type / style of number plate)

Essentially it was, as you suggested, a lazy and ill-considered knee jerk BY a jerk back bencher, to attempt to gain popularity by having a pop at kids on mini motos.

I do worry about the Edinburgh Council one though as councils can do whatever the feck they like along those lines... :(

Like the poxy Richmond Council using the class war attitude against 4x4s to divide and conquer... each of these absurd moves alas sets a precedent and breaks ground for the otherwise more timid councils to follow suit once they see the others

"getting away with it" :D

Well said, Fishy :D

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."