Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I’d forgotten how good the Elise chassis was... - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I’d forgotten how good the Elise chassis was...

Great to hear you enjoy it. Awesome little car, so easy to throw around. Loved it when I tried it.

Glad you are loving it Lee. I'm loving the 400 as well, although I like it a little bit slidier than you did I think so have put a bit more air in the tyres...

9 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

Glad you are loving it Lee. I'm loving the 400 as well, although I like it a little bit slidier than you did I think so have put a bit more air in the tyres...

Will, you may find with longer, more aggressive, drives that the pressures increase. I used to find that the PSI would increase by 2-3 depending how it was driven, on short sedate journeys the PSI would stay low, maybe increase by 1. Weather also was a big factor, sunny hot days would see increases in tyre pressure also.
Not sure what use the car has had yet? How many miles have you done?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Not many to be fair. I've just reset to the factory settings (29/32). I don't mind if they increase a bit when the car is driven, the manual has an "economy" setting of 35 all round.

Congrats on the new car. For a second car I struggle to think of anything better. Yes there's faster and more technically advanced but that's not better it's just different.

Trackday on Thursday, can't wait!

Photos?

Took it to Goodwood on Sunday for the breakfast club, amazing drive down, left at 5:30 arrived at 7am and got entry to the paddock area.

It really is an amazing little car, can’t wait to engage sport mode and start buzzing the rev limit. Another 280miles to do before I can get the running in service to be completed.

0C650724-4DAD-46F0-ADC5-FF6BF2BBD12E.jpeg

Also has PPF applied on Friday.

47776F5E-E0B6-4AFF-96CB-0FD358AE9AEE.jpeg

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

The looooong wait for the 1000 mile service is a proper annoying. I caved at 800 - dealer said it didn’t really matter.

I’m pleased you’re enjoying it - I did have a sniff around it last Sunday.

Thankfully, the manual now says 600 miles.

• Like 1

Agree 100%. Took my new 111r out for a blast at the weekend. It has possibly taken over the mantle as my favourite car ever. The rush when it opens up at high revs is addictive.

Edited by Beady
  • Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

Keep adding the miles as the engine just gets better all the time.

just short of 10K on ours and it’s pulls like a train.

Can’t believe they set the Rev limit at 6800 as its so hungry to rev out.

Lovely car enjoy

Stephen

Now at 420, getting towards 600.

Have had a couple of oddities, the throttle pedal stops responding.. and the revs drops to idle as if the pedal position is zeroed. This is a bit disconcerting especially after just overtaking a car when all power goes and you have to then put ya hazards on....

Seems quite random currently but has happened 3 or 4 times. No error codes either.

Just when ours hit 1k  ; we had issues where the engine would stall as it could not hold its idle position or simply drop through it when coming to a standstill.

Hoffmans had ever plug ,/connection, off to clean and reattached and the problem only happened again one year later.

No codes and no real answer,

previous Elise had a faulty throttle pedal and that show up in the problems you are listing.