Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cashier at garage:

"Lovely car"

Me: "Thanks. There's an even nicer car queued behind me"

"which one?"

"er.. the matt black Ferrari California...?"

"oh yeah... I prefer yours. I like Lotus more. Sounds better too!"

:harhar:

It was a particularly nice day up here in Scotland yesterday, so was out in mine quite a lot. With the schools being off there seemed to be loads of kids around, and they're always a good test of reaction to a car. Wherever I went I seemed to end up with groups of them waving and shouting at me, loads of "Wows!", "Rev it!" etc. Came out of a shop to find a bunch of young hot hatch drivers in the car park taking photos of it and then standing having to field a bunch of questions about the car, I've just never had that with anything else I've owned. My car's up for sale at the moment as I'm moving away in July, but it's definitely going to be missed.

Wherever I went I seemed to end up with groups of them waving and shouting at me, loads of "Wows!", "Rev it!" etc. Came out of a shop to find a bunch of young hot hatch drivers in the car park taking photos of it

Wherever *did* you go? I've not had any of this. Well, I've noticed it seems to attract interest mainly from 10-12 year olds <gulp> but did have one late-teenage chap park up next to it while I was in Sainsbury's at the Fife Retail Park and then enthuse lots about it - I took a photo of him sat in the driver's seat for him. But beyond that, not had the whoops, cheers and waving that everyone else seems to report.

Maybe it's because mine's stealthy and nobody can actually see it.

Woman at the petrol station today "What car is that? Is it a Lamborghini?" (Tempted to say "NO, something better" :smoke: )

I often get people mixing it up with a Lambo.

I don't think I've ever been out in it and someone not take a photo.

12 year old Niece saw my car for first time this weekend and had to laugh at the number of excited "OMG"'s , "it's sick", "it's a Loooootttttttuuuuuussss" and the inevitable selfie in front of the car for her FB page

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Yesterday I pull up at a client site to find no parking spaces left. The receptionist comes out of the building and moves other cars around to allow me to park the car, commenting how stunning the car is. As we then go into reception she calls me round to the view the CCTV camera , showing staff coming out of the office to view the car. Very surreal moment with people bending over backwards to help :)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I did some work recently where there was a 3 month waiting list for permanent staff to get a space in the large main car park out the back of their offices.  However I was allowed to park my car in a space right outside the front door entrance every day during my time there :)

I was in the chippy on friday night and a lad (early 20s ish) came from out the back to fill up the curry sauce. When he noticed the evora sat outside he said to his mate who was serving me my chips "Wow, look at that car. It looks really expensive"

Guy next to me in the queue: "Its not as expensive as a Ferrari"

"What is it, a Koenigsegg?"

Now these guys probably weren't petrolheads, but it just goes to show that to the average person off the street these cars look a lot more expensive than they are. Which goes against the standard comments that they are overpriced for what they are.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Another observation on people's reactions from today's Club Lotus track day at Goodwood. As with previous TDs in the Evora, I had a steady stream of people asking if they could come out as a passenger. So many in fact that I had to assign time slots and point one towards Terry.

I guess you'd expect other Lotus owners to be interested in going out in cars they didn't know, but I never had this with the Elan or Elise. P!us roughly half the requests were from people who were passengering with one of the other participants. There must have been some awkward "which did you prefer" discussions on the way home!

• Like 2

Attended the Stoneleigh Kit Car show today, where drivers of kit cars get in for free, but everyone else has to pay £15. Following my friend in his Ultima, he was was waved through with no charge. The attendant look bewildered at my car, so taking my chance I said "shall I just follow the Ultima ?" , to which he said "yes". I didn't hang around for him to twig the lotus letters on the back and hoofed it down the drive LOL.

The only time I didn't mind being mistaken for a kit car ;)

• Like 1

Turns out they had an M3...which we blew by on the way out on the parkway.

I used to love destroying M3 owners in my Elise (240bhp). They'd absolutely rag their cars until they couldn't stand me 'nudging' them to get a move on anymore. If I got 'the bird' as I flew past I felt especially pleased ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

It's been my first week of ownership and I've had loads of positive comments. I reckon over 50 people have stopped me when getting in or out of my car and that's no exaggeration!

The two people that stand out the most was an old lady who looked in her late eighties or early nineties was shouting something over from other side imod the road. I couldn't hear her so she just pointed at the car and gave me two thumbs up!

The second was a teenage schoolboy who asked could he lick my car!

Oh the joys hey, looking forward to a long partnership with my Evora. Loving it every day!

• Like 1

I dunno how you guys do it, I've done 2,000 miles in Dexter already and rarely get anyone asking anything or taking photos.

Perhaps I need to actually park up and sit with him for a while.

Well I went to tip again last in the Evora and two guys came over to look at me car. They are mad TVR fans and both own Cerbera's, incidentally they were twins as well! They kept complimenting over the shape of the Evora and knew quite a lot about the car without me having to tell them the make, engine, where the engine is located etc. Whilst we were talking (for approx. 15 mins), other people came over and had a look and said nice things too!

Well this was my TVR owned before the Evora

The Tuscan was much faster in a straight line on a dry road.  It has less weight and just under 400bhp in my case, but on any road with frequent bends or an uneven surface the Evora would leave it behind.

The Evora gets way more comments than the Tuscan did despite the reflex purple and the very loud decatted straight through carbon can exhaust.  The TVR was a wild animal and difficult to drive fast, the Evora has been house trained and is therefore much better to live with.  I do however miss the 2nd and 3rd gear acceleartion, and the seemingly unstoppable acceleartion even at silly speeds.  Floor the Tuscan in 3rd or 4th at 100mph and the surge of poiwer is incredible.

bvOCcW3M.jpg

4LoaKtj5.jpg

Interesting to read your comments. In my experience, the people here in Finland do not respond at all. 

Most of the attention I get when driving with Elise. And Esprit is between those.

I've just been to the shops and left my car next to a pub. When I came back, two older guys were waiting by the car for me. I thought, what's going on here then, car jacking? No, it turns out that they had waited there to quiz me about the car and also have a look where the engine was located and also where those +2 seats could actually fit a human being! One of the guys was convinced engine was in front and couldn't believe that Lotus had managed to fit a 3.5L V6 engine behind rear seats and with a boot!

I was a nice chat and has made my day (again).