Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Best description I heard for an Evora/a Lotus generally, is that it is a Connoisseur's car.

Tris...

This sums it up nicely :)

Someone asked me whether I had considered buying a Ferrari. I told them a Ferrari is for posing, a Lotus is for driving.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So, my best mate and I often frequent a retail park Costa Coffee and a local Cinema complex when I work remotely or at the weekend, and have a good catch/chill. Sunday lunchtime we did just that. 

I've now come to realise that there is a standard 'Evora Investigation' method to those who spot the car when its parked.

Step 1: Walk past and perform a 'double-take'.

Step 2: Approach the car, looking at the front badge (i always reverse park, because i'm male ofcourse).

Step 3: Look inside and take a gander at the dashboard.

Step 4: Wander around the back to inspect the model name. 

Step 5: Stare for a moment.

Step 6: Walk away.

Step 7: Look back.

Step 8: Continue the walk.

Step 9: Another look back.

Step 10: Walk away with a grin

I've got myself a Westfield, owned a VX220, and even scared folks before with remotely taking down the Z4's roof before. Nothing has gotten such interest as the Evora! The folks who saw it the other day then came into the coffee shop talking about it right next to me. Awwwwwkward. 

I was parked up in front of the old entrance to Pinewood Studios on Saturday and a brand-new white Audi S5 pulled up alongside.

The driver shouted out: “Gorgeous!”

I said his wasn’t bad either, but he replied: “Yeah, but I bet that’s more fun.”

(It even raised a smile on my hard-to-impress 13-yr-old daughter)

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

my wife pointed out to me that since we got the car, we've had a lot of "interesting social experiences".

the best ones by far are seeing the reactions of young kids, both boys and girls. there is an immediate appreciation for the aesthetics without regard to brand bias. they don't know what it is, how much power it has, how fast it goes, they just know it's something special and they're happy with that.

with the working class, it appears to be a machine that zaps pedestrians with a "wake up beam" - they're snapped out of their everyday zombie lives and freeze, stare, think.

I bought this car for what now seem like very selfish reasons... today's experience has been overwhelmingly humbling. soon after taking delivery I looked a tiny bit into giving rides to disadvantaged children but Australian organisations like the starlight foundation don't make it easy to give at all. so I'm glad I can still give a bit back this way :)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

with the working class, it appears to be a machine that zaps pedestrians with a "wake up beam" - they're snapped out of their everyday zombie lives and freeze, stare, think.

This sentence is so politically wrong, it almost hurts ;)

Edited by MrStephens

I got the car in November and in this short period of time, I can tell you that this car makes complete strangers come to me with all kinds of unusual questions:

- Man at the gas station: How much did you pay?

- Teenager in the street: Is it a model car for a video game?

- Police car stopping in front of my driveway: Sir! Which kind of car is this?

- Old lady passing by on the sidewalk: Can I take a picture of your Ferrari for my grandson?

- A lady to another as they get in a 911: Is it the kind of car you would get if you won the lottery?

• Like 1

I think we have some charities set up to give rides for similar children/people here. Its all organised though, maybe you could start/ something over there.

Got that here as well and attended for the first time last Autumn. Great feeling to share the experience with those who need and deserve it. Will for sure apply this year as well. Last year we were three Lotus (1xEvora, 2xExige) out of 75 cars. Hope we can improve that ratio this year!

Took my car up to wine country yesterday (Hunter Valley), popular tourist destination so the place was pretty packed. Could see my car from my lunch table and soooo many people took photos of it / with it.

Later at the putt putt carpark, a kid hopped out of his car, saw the Evora, dropped his jaw and said "WOOOOAAAAHHH!!! Dad, look! Look at that!!" His dad replied "What, the Lotus? I've got three of those." (anyone here? lol)

On the way home I was passing a truck, my wife was watching the truck driver in his side mirror. He glanced at the car, looked back at the road, then did a double-take in his mirror mouthing "OH MY GOD"

British Gas Transit van driver gave me a flash of his headlights, thumbs up and a big smile, whilst I was out for a country drive yesterday in my Evora. In comparison, no-one seemed to notice the Lotus Omega, when I took that out for a blast a few minutes earlier. Even after 5 years ownership, it still amazes me how fast the Old Girl is: every journey is one long overtake.

Inspected a property yesterday with the wife. Another couple was also inspecting.

The husband kept asking the agent question after question, showing off to his wife ("Do you want it babe? We'll have to buy it then!") and telling the agent "I am ready to make a deposit, you will have an offer from me tomorrow" whilst looking at me, not the agent. Figured at that point he was trying to intimidate me or something...

We all left at the same time, and he froze as he watched me get into the Evora. Priceless :)

In the nearside lane at a red light waiting to go straight on.

Hear a bit of tooting so look around to see what is going on.

A bus sits to my right in the right turn filter lane with the driver pointing at my car.

I wind down the window looking suitably worried.

He opens his doors and asks "Wanna do a swap? I'd rather be driving that than this ****ing orange bus!"

Of course I had to decline, as I did not want to turn right!

• Like 1

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Inspected a battleaxe property today and inadvertently (honestly!) parked my car such that everyone walking down the loooong driveway would get a real good long look.

Overheard the 2 agents chatting to each other:

"Did you see that car? What is it?"
"It's a Lotus"
"Oh a Lotus! I thought it was a McLaren"

• Like 1

Cruising up the M3, quietly minding my own business in the left hand lane when I noticed a silver golf slowly coming past in the middle lane. Noticed the passenger winding his window down, and lined himself to take a photo of himself with 'Ethel' in the background.

I had to laugh.

Encountered some rare peculiar behaviour on the way home today... was cruising along passing cars in the slow lane, until a BMW 1-series decided to pop out into my lane behind me, and go (I assume) full throttle and swerve around me missing by a few inches maybe.

Yeah mate, I saw you, no I'm not impressed, and no I'm not going to race your 120i.

Then again maybe he had a sudden impending bowel movement at the same time that I went past him? Whenever I see someone in a rush behind me, I always move over and let them through as I assume they gotta poop reeeeaaally baaad  :huh:

The last time I stepped up the pace in my Lotus the other car nearly crashed trying to keep up.... unless it's someone that I know (and I know they're mature enough to stay within their limits) I usually let them 'win'  :)