Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 23 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

4 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Why do most of these stories start with: "I was in a petrol station yesterday"...?

Well, I was in a petrol station yesterday and as I came out of the kiosk there was a bloke with his young teenage son peering in to the engine bay.  As I walked towards it and hit the unlock, they both turned to look at me and the bloke asked "is this your car"?

Fighting the urge to say "no, I just have the keys..." I said "yes..." and before I said another word he started to wax lyrical about it.

He then turned to his son and started to explain all about the Lotus Marque, Colin Chapman, Bahar, JMG, "simplify and add lightness" etc.

He then finished this explanation with "and perhaps most importantly, it's not a Porsche and tends be driven by people who care about cars and not badges" (I did wonder if he was casting aspersions with the "tends to be driven".  He then asked me if we could pull over to the water/air area so he could have a proper look around.

20 minutes later, after he had had a good look around and asked me a wealth of questions about the car, what my experiences of it were and how I found it as a daily drive he then turned to his son and said "I think we should start campaigning with Mum" to which the lad said "definitely".  He then wondered off and got in to his E92 M3 with a parting shot of "thanks for your time - you've given me food for thought".

I get comments at petrol stations a lot - but this one was quite special :)

Wow. Great story that and I bet you £50 he does by a Lotus because you were generous with your time! Very nice.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

@DaveC72

I'd be getting myself down the local Lotus dealership pronto, just to ensure that they know how to spell my name correctly when the time comes to issue the commission cheques, :lol:.

Sounds like you should offer your services to Oakmere @DaveC72 lol

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last 2 days spent at a conference at Celtic Manor. Returned to a car with hand prints all over all the windows from people trying to see inside. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Also was pulling up to a set of traffic lights in the middle of town last weekend, I was flicking down through the gears, as I went to change down to second the car also decided to automatically down shift, so it went into first, complete with rev matching and bangs, one of my wife's colleagues was crossing the road and actually jumped 2 feet sideways and ran. :hrhr:

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I might have been out and about locally too much with being off work these two weeks, I've had these this week from kids "****ing check that out, Lotuses are amazing!", and "mister, that Lotus is the smartest car I've ever seen". The secret is out. :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

When going to test drive an Evora for the first time, a grey 400 pulled up behind me as I was approaching Stratton. They look very mean in a rear view mirror!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

35 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Whilst out last night on local country roads a lady in a Celica actually pulled over and let me past, when she saw me catching up in her rear view mirror. Don't get that reaction when in a regular car.

Alpha car :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

No. It's definitely a Lotus @Bibs

The small print.

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

No. It's definitely a Lotus @Bibs

Don't you start that on here, Andy. We've had so much of it on the ALFA forum that the swear filter is now set to ***** if anybody spells it the wrong way, :P.

• Like 1

Here's a reaction that's had to be relayed to me by my fiancée. Her dad and uncle arrived from Canada Monday. They looked at the car, looked at each other, exchanged "wows", then got her to call me and ask if when I got home I'd take them on individual pax journeys. :lol:

To be fair, that's been the reaction every time any of them come over, and they get it in reverse when I go over and want to go out in her uncles mustang. :)

• Like 2

A couple of weeks ago I had to drive to Dorset to pick up my daughter from a PGL (outward bound course) centre. All the local year 6 kids do this in the 1st week of the Autumn term. She had banged her shoulder badly at the weekend and I needed to take her to Basingstoke to see the Consultant. When I arrived and was parking up I got a spontaneous applause from about fifty 10 to 11 year olds!  I also over heard a few "whoa is that a Lamborghini?" Comments.  Daughter's shoulder  was fine and had her back for the afternoon activities. Nice 360 mile road trip and the Evora did not miss a beat.

• Gold FFM

@spunagain I had a similar experience, I took the Evora through mid-day traffic on a saturday last week, spontaneous cheering and applause from many small boys. Plenty of Lamborghini comments.

A few people have mentioned to me it looks Ferrari-like from the rear, I think it's the round lights that do it.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

The look on the 2 guys faces who were admiring pickles 400 parked just outside the Cavendish arcade in the centre of Buxton.......as I came the other way and stopped at the junction immediately next to pickles car.......priceless

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Did a tunnel run through the darrford crossing and as I came out the other end the passanger of the car next to me gave me a thumbs up. There were a couple of kids in the back scrabbling about looking out the window as well.

Sat in the 400 today with my son in the back. A Lamborghini Aventador drives by. My son excitedly shouts "look Daddy, another Lotus!". 

• Like 1