Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 14 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

well......it £5k below the £80k you might have to part with now,,,,

sounds near enough to me......lol :thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

£72k!!!! Though seriously £75k is correct as they asked how much a new one is, and a 400 is £72kish and a couple £k for a small extra or two = £75k.

Haha. Great story though Jason and shows what great value it is when you realise how much those tits in their X5, Q7, and X6's pay for their fully loaded black cloud cancer inducing smoke machines.  Oh. Am I sounding a tad biased? Hmmm, can one get jailed for carist rants?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

£75k was pretty much what a new Evora S 2+2 with the full leather interior and heated seats Premium Pack, the Tech Pack and matt black paintjob would've been when I bought Dex. MMC's suggested getting a 400 in matt black would add about £4k-ish to the price, so I'm guestimating admittedly. Clearly I paid nowhere near £75k for Dex as he was a year old and had a previous owner when I got him.

(or maybe MMC was just overcharging for the new red one that was in stock at the time! ;))

You obviously drive a hard bargain, Murray's is currently listing new 400s at £75,950. Matt black would push that to £80k of course :P

Anyway, sheesh, they were only 10 year olds, I could've said £35,000 and they'd have thought it was a lot. Normally I just tell people what I paid, as I'm mildly embarrassed to own a car that, even at £70k, costs more than my friend's new house in Leslie, Fife.

26 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Well my 400 cost less than £75k new with every extra excluding metallic paint, so I know the last few posts aren't referring to me. :P

Did you get alcantara interior? Looks amazing.

As I came out the gym this morning and was just about to get in the Evora I heard a voice say "I'll take yours and you take mine" so looked up and it was a nice blonde middle aged lady getting into her audi 4x4 next to me so I laughed and said no way ! Should have said something else now I think of it ? Also had quite a few kids around my car when collecting my son From school, they were all asking Ryan is that your car and wow!!!  He obviously told them about the diffuser as they were looking and commenting on it.

i just picked up a set of sports wheels  from  lotusmiles on here, fitted them today  and yes they are lovley but I miss the old wheels and the fact they have the tpm on them, i guess it can be added to the wheels?

im sure once the calipers are painted they will look fine.image.jpeg.8a02fc817903296e410737ba7c501

will be looking at getting a set of track day tyres soon for the old wheels

• Like 2

Sat in the multi-storey car park at the Pistonheads Sunday Service today, with James from Stratton next to me also in a 400, a group of lads walked up just as we were starting our engines. Whilst we were enjoying the echo, one of the lads shouted the question "so you've had them de-catted?" to which we both said "no, they're standard exhausts". The lad was in disbelief, and then asked "so you must have had them remapped?!?" to which we both responded, "nope, still completely standard".

The group hung around for a few moments more and then wandered away in total bewilderment and surprise.

Nice to see the 400 having an impact. 

• Like 1

Paying for some petrol today, the young guy behind the counter seemed distracted looking at the CCTV of the forecourt as I come up to his counter. He looks at me and say 'wow, is that the Evora S'? To which I replied yes, he says very cool and how he has always liked them since he first saw one being tested on Top Gear! :) 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I was chatting to a 911 owner today when fuelling up, he was very keen to give the 400 a look over and was telling me he was falling out of love with Porsches in general having been a repeat owner. I think our chat may have convinced him to visit MMC to try an Evora out, he thought it had real supercar presence. See, they're not all knobs.

:)

• Like 2

On 03/02/2016 at 18:06, Jmanji said:

.image.jpeg.8a02fc817903296e410737ba7c501

Paul - just thought I'd say think your car looks great - the red/black goes well and loving the side air scoops too. What did you use to polish it up like that (apart from elbow grease!!!)

Still not convinced re the GT spoiler at the back, think it makes the car look back heavy, but hey, still a great looking car mate. Well done. Now, if I could suggest some scuderia Union Flags on the side ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!