Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 24 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

9 hours ago, theelanman said:

The look on the 2 guys faces who were admiring pickles 400 parked just outside the Cavendish arcade in the centre of Buxton.......as I came the other way and stopped at the junction immediately next to pickles car.......priceless

We're just doing our bit to spread the word.....

Any idea what the collective noun for Evoras is? I like the sound of a 'confusion' or 'bewilderment' of Evora. B-)

Had a run out to Stratford yesterday with a fellow car enthusiast following in his SLS. At the pub he mentioned some kids had shouted out WOW a Lamborghini and some others later, wow a Ferrari, but quickly corrected to a Lotus :lol:.  

Side by side through a long underpass with both cars on full chat was a sound to be heard !!  Must admit the SLS did pull a few car lengths, and is a beautiful car from behind.  

Funnily enough he now wants to pop over to Lotus Silverstone , as now intrigued after our little run 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I'm a secondary school teacher and the reaction from the kids is amazing.  I've seen jaws literally dropping and kids pointing at the car as I drive by.  My classes are always asking me about it.  Just last week a kid asked one of my colleagues if I'd stolen money from the school to buy my Lotus because he just couldn't figure out how a teacher could possibly afford a Lotus!!!!

• Like 2

This isn't really a good one for a change!

We were having dinner out on Sunday night, and I was meeting my other half her dad and uncle at the restaurant. I got there first in the Lotus and parked up in the car park opposite to wait on them arriving. One of those estate places with loads of places to eat, hotels and a cinema. You know how these places are, tons of cars in the car park and lots of people milling around. So I'm sat there, and I can't help but notice this same silver BMW has driven past three times, then returns for a fourth and stops on the corner. One guy jumps out and starts walking toward my car as the BM drives off, loops around the row of cars I'm in to behind me now. Guy who had gotten out is now outside the car and bends over to stare in the passenger window, I assume not knowing I'm in it and gives me a startled look, buggers off toot sweet and jumps back in the waiting car. Suddenly I'm having to reasses my "park clear of other cars so as not to get dinked" game plan.

So a space opens that has empty bays either side outside where we're eating and  I shoot straight over there, and nervously keep looking at it from inside for the entire meal! Maybe made worse by the ridiculous amount of people who keep stopping to look at it and take pics etc!

Not really an enjoyable evening! :o

I hope you got the number plate of the BMW and reported the "suspicious" activity to the police. if nothing else, their "polite" conversation with the owner at home might make them thing again before doing anything stupid and ruining someone's day / life.

Am I surprised it was a german car the guys were in................  Talk about social stereotypes etc. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I dropped my eldest at the swimming pool Sunday afternoon. Two local smack heads awaiting a delivery from their dealer where impressed with mine and asking lots of questions........ Not a comfortable experience - needless to say the car stayed in plain view the whole time

Only here once

Whilst at the BTCC in Silverstone we we camped next to a group with a few mid 20s guys in it. Came to talk about the 400 - insisted on referring to it as the Lotus Ebola.

Quite interested in the car liked it but "No offence mate but I'd rather have an M4".

So tempted "No offence mate but then you've rather missed the point". :rtfm:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Well  that's OK it's their loss. No one will look twice at their M4 but then some people like being bland and blending in.

Every manufacturer is working to make their boring mundane run of the mill cars look like their sports cars ( e.g. new Fiesta 1.0 withe ST look pack ). Audi / BM / Merc it's hard to tell their performance cars from the rest with M sport, AMG, SLine body kits and trim on the most mundane diesel models.

They would probably get embarrassed being pointed at, photographed etc in an Evora and will not be able to handle the positive comments etc.

Let them have their M4 and just blend in, just remember to smile as you drive smug in the satisfaction you have tge better car!.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Almost.

The other comment would have been, "Had I had an M4 you wouldn't be here talking to me"..........

... actually an M4 is looking more attractive by the minute 

• Like 2

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Every manufacturer is working to make their boring mundane run of the mill cars look like their sports cars ( e.g. new Fiesta 1.0 withe ST look pack ). Audi / BM / Merc it's hard to tell their performance cars from the rest with M sport, AMG, SLine body kits and trim on the most mundane diesel models.

Yeah, rather annoys me this. Just after buying the wifes JCW MINI decided to make the JCW bodykit an option on the "S" :wallbash:

Having said that my son's "S" has the full JCW bodykit and every other JCW option available :getmecoat: Very nice it is too, it goes both ways.

My issue is that average brain dead man gets a 1.8ltr average brain dead Audi/BMW/Merc/Ford whatever diseasel shopping / rep mobile that gets the "sports look" treatment so they then drive around like brain dead farts trying to "race" all and sundry because they believe they have a real sports car as it looks sporty so they need to drive like an arse as isn't that what people in sports cars do!

Cretins. The lot of them. And yes, I am in an unusually generous and free spirited mood tonight aren't I! I think I need some meat to calm me down. I need to feel the rip as I tear it off the bone with my teeth!.........

The small print.

Could be worse, they could have bought a Vauxhall and be trying to convince themselves it's a Lotus. :sofa:

• Like 1

Lol - guy in an ooooodi TT diseasel thought he was in a sports car and tried to, erm, stay ahead of my little old Vauxhall tonight. For some reason as soon as the road started to turn this way and that way his Diseasel was struggling to follow it. The road that is, as I was also well gone by then.... 

The small print.

Leaving a multi storey car park today and pulled up to the booth. Friendly attendant asks if the car is electric ffs!

Nearly blew him and his booth up to the top floor as I gave the throttle a quick blip in sports mode with the clutch dipped just as the back end rolled up in line with his window. 

Then choked him as I gave him full exhaust gases and smokin" rear tires up the exit ramp.

Shame he wouldn't have seen the one fingered have a nice day mate wave lol.

Dave.

On 10/6/2016 at 05:34, Neal H said:

This kind of comment normally comes from people who have zero chance of ever owning either. It's called jealousy.

This x1000. The best rebuttal to this type of comment is a simple and polite "oh i've got one of those too!" It makes it more fun when you leave them with the idea that your fancy expensive sports car is just one of many..

• Like 1

I agree with the jealousy bit. You see people with an M3, M4 or AMG or whatever think they have an exclusive car. A car people desire. Actually what they then fail to realise is that when you see an M4, M3 whatever, as a Lotus owner, you njust think meh, it's a 318 with an M pack and body kit just like all the others....  Lol.

The small print.

6 hours ago, pickle said:

Seems bit of an extreme reaction to someone taking an interest in your car to be honest. :(

I think I'd have been more inclined to share the love.

Sorry.

Lol!

You never met Dave Edwards then.

PMSL

Dave.